- Job Reference: 00008922-1
- Date Posted: 12 February 2021
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: Maidstone, Kent
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
Main purpose and scope of job
Responsible for the planning of preventative and reactive outage work at Allington EfW, to ensure all resources are used in the most effective manner in order to maximise plant SHEQ performance, availability and throughput.
Drive the strategic development of the maintenance philosophy at Allington by implementing new planning processes and procedures directed at increasing the overall plant availability in line with budget expectations.
Play a key role in the planning and execution of major plant outages, working across teams to ensure all work is completed in a safe, timely and effective manner.
Develop the existing Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to its full potential in order to make the maintenance process as efficient as possible whilst being compliant with all necessary standards.
Work with Engineers, Team Leaders, Technicians, external contractors and Nominated Supervisors to ensure all required documentation for major outages is in place prior to agreed deadlines, and meets all relevant standards. Liaise with Operational Teams to ensure key dates are met, and information shared as appropriate.
Work with Procurement to establish long term agreements with suitable suppliers and contractors, and develop existing scopes of work as appropriate. Ensure all spare materials required are ordered in sufficient time to ensure delivery prior to outage, applying for funding as required.
Ensure adequate cost control measures are in place, and take appropriate action where required to minimise any financial impact.
All employees to take care for their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions. Additionally, employees must also co-operate with the company to enable it to discharge its own responsibilities successfully.
Duties and key responsibilities
1. Health and Safety
• Seek to develop the safety culture to the standard where safety is a first thought and not an afterthought
• Ensure that all activities within the Allington site are carried out in a safe manner in line with FCC safety policy and all Health and Safety statutory requirements.
• Working as part of a team striving for continual improvement in minimising Health and Safety risk at the Allington EFW plant.
• Ensure visitors/subcontractors attending the site are inducted in the site safety and emergency procedures.
• Ensure that the sites housekeeping standards are achieved and developed
2. Plant development
• Drive the development of the CMMS in order to maximise the benefit to the team and the business.
• Develop the workflow process to ensure the sites resources are used in the most effective manner.
• Be a key member in the planning, execution and completion of planned outages on each of the 3 lines as well as the steam turbine/generator and other common plant.
• Develop appropriate documentation for the project management e.g. risk registers, Gantt charts etc
3. Financial Management
• Prepare and submit financial applications for funding in adequate timing, ensuring full approval is in place before committing funds
• Ensure stock and non-stock materials are ordered and available as required, working with procurement to actively manage min/max levels and adding new equipment to stock where appropriate.
4. Team working
• Work across teams to ensure effective planning is in place, and all resources available to minimise any down time and losses of availability.
• Manage and contribute towards the team effort, encouraging team spirit and provide assistance to others.
• Encourage employee involvement in the decision making processes.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience within the Energy from Waste, Power or similar heavy industries.
• Significant maintenance planning experience, with the ability to drive change
• Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Project
• Previous Maintenance Management System experience, ideally at higher level than simply ‘user’ – knowledge of AX would be a definite advantage
• Experience with preventative/predictive maintenance techniques
• Experience of root cause analysis and similar fault finding analysis techniques
• Satisfactory completion of the relevant Competency Management System modules.
• Completion of all other training as defined within the Training Matrix.
• Ideally holds formal planning or project management qualifications, or extensive relevant proven experience.
• Hold an IOSH/NEBOSH safety accreditation
Personal attributes and other requirements
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to demonstrate excellent organisational and planning skills.
• Have a willingness and ability to operate flexibly over a wide range of work areas.
• The ability to be able to manage numerous sub-contractors in a planned outage environment.