Salary - circa £33,054
Join our team and make a difference, in supporting one of the largest telemetry systems in Europe.
The term Operational Technology (OT) covers all the technology and assets used to monitor and control Anglian Water's operational collection, treatment and distribution processes. Without correctly managed and secured OT, Anglian Water simply couldn't operate. Innovations and improvements to our OT services will be key to successfully delivering our services for the future.
What will you be doing?
As an OT Core Systems Engineer within our OT Digital Operations team, this exciting role will see you maintain, operate and manage one of the largest Telemetry Systems in Europe. You'll support users of our telemetry systems, and troubleshoot reported problems. Providing a mission critical service 24 hour a day, 365 days a year on a standby and call out basis, you'll ensure our telemetry systems remain available as well as continuously seek ways to improve performance and availability. You'll test and deploy updates to our telemetry systems and liaise with other teams to co-ordinate activities for planned systems maintenance, whilst carrying out detailed investigations on specific system performance issues and making recommendations to rectify.
As our new OT Core Systems Engineer, you'll provide expert knowledge of Schneider Electric's Clear/GeoSCADA systems, communications protocols and channels, alarm handling and system functionality to other OT teams wider AW colleagues.
What do you need?
This exciting role requires you to ideally have a degree or computer related professional qualification and have experience with managing large or complex IT solutions, as well as:
- Experience of database SQL Query creation and manipulation.
- Understanding of Telemetry communications methods including IP networking, PSTN and GSM modems.
- A sound understanding of telemetry protocols including WITS and Medina.
- Be able to resolve complex telemetry problems, solo or as part of a team.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be able to manage own workload including prioritisation of work.
- Be able to build relationships with internal colleagues and external partners.
- Use initiative to find solutions to challenges and deliver continuous improvement to our services.
What benefits do we offer?
Being a successful water company doesn't come easy! Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all of the great work that they do. Some of our benefits include:
- Bonus scheme
- Private health care
- Competitive pension scheme
- 26 days annual leave rising with length of service
- Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing
- Flexible working (dependent on your role)
- Plus lots more!
To create a fairer, less hierarchical organisation that is not driven by grades and seniority but values the expertise and skills that our Employees bring, Anglian Water has introduced a new role framework. This role is considered a Subject Matter Expert on this internal role framework.
We are passionate and committed to the learning and development of our people making sure they have the right skills and knowledge to be successful and to help achieve their potential. We also take Health and Safety very seriously in everything that we do.
If you are offered a job with us, you'll be subject to the relevant/standard employment checks, including: your right to work in the UK, reference, driving licence and identity check. Depending on your role, you may also be subject to further pre-employment checks.
Closing date - 1st April 2020