Job Title: Operations Manager
Location: Aylesford, covering London and the South East
Business Area: Utilities - Telecoms
Contract: Permanent, Full Time
From Telecomms to Power, from Lands' End to John O'Groats.
It's taken a great deal for Kier Group to become one of the UK's Top 3 utility providers. It's taken people like you. Professionals who can help connect, heat and power over 15 million homes and businesses - in a team that works with emerging technologies to maintain 65km of gas pipes and install one million metres of fibre optic cable every year.
About the Role
The successful post-holder will be responsible for leading our Virgin Media Business MPX workstream involving the delivery of multiple complex high capacity business connections.
This candidate will come with a strong background of delivering high capacity network roll out with specific knowledge of fibre optic splice and testing activity on Virgin Media Business network. Key Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the programme of works
- Overall responsibility for delivery of all activity to include civils, PIA/DPA, cable, splice and test to meet the customers delivery expectations.
- Management of client and key stakeholders to effectively communicate all steps of the delivery process.
- Hold the role of fibre splice and test subject matter expert (SME)
- Management and control of all resources required to meet agreed delivery targets
- Assume full accountability for the work stream P&L
- Attend all client progress meetings fully prepared to report on all aspects of delivery
- Management and improvement of main Kier business KPIs
- Management of staff, T&Cs, recruitment disciplinary, promotion training unions
- Management of Company obligations under the health & Safety at work at and associated legislation
- Partake in effective staff training, proactive reporting, system support and other available means to maximize system potential and financial benefit on the contract
- Ensure all equipment is operated in accordance with company safety procedures and legal compliance requirements
- Ensure a balance between cost, service and risk, whilst developing best practice, strategy and policy for services
- Improve service levels to the client to meet or exceed contract KPIs, minimize risk of default penalties and reduce costs
- Lead or participate in business improvement projects in support of wider contract business plan objectives analysing business performance, presenting alternative solutions, making recommendations and directly supporting implementation
- Identify and develop new business improvement opportunities
What we need from you?
Key Skills and Qualifications:
What can you expect from us?
- Minimum of five years' experience in a related role
- Extensive experience within the telecoms delivery industry with specific knowledge of high capacity business circuit delivery desirable
- Experience of managing high performance teams across business-critical contracts
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of fibre optic splicing and testing specifications
- Knowledge of the implementation of PIA/DPA deployment
- Recognised project management qualification desirable
- Commercial awareness with experience of managing project P&L
- IT literacy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Collaboration and team working
- Quality management
- Problem solving
You can expect a competitive salary and an outstanding package that includes a company car or allowance, private healthcare, a matched pension scheme up to 7.5%, 26 days' annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday), two employee Share Scheme options, together with additional valuable benefits such as:
- Free Life Assurance
- Access to a range of attractive Flexible benefit options to tailor your package to suit your lifestyle
- Flexible and Agile working (dependent on your role)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount Shopping Site with deals available at over 800 retailers
- Plus, many more benefits geared to your wellbeing.
It's worth remembering that if you are successful, we'll undertake the relevant / standard pre-employment checks after you have been offered a job. This includes taking up your references, verifying your right to work in the UK, verifying your driving licence (if applicable) and a health assessment. Due to the nature of this role, you will also be required to complete a Basic Disclosure and Barring Service Check (applicants with criminal convictions will be treated on a case by case basis. We do not discriminate based on an applicant's criminal record or the details of any offences disclosed to us). Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks. Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being Collaborative, Trusted
We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture. Kier is an inclusive employer. Closing Date:
07/05/2021 Please note, interviews may take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early.