Operations Integration Manager - Major Projects
- Job Reference: 16186
- Date Posted: 30 April 2021
- Employer: Pertemps
- Location: Enfield
- Salary: £52,000 to £80,000
- Sector: Project Management
- Job Type: Permanent
- Work Hours: Full Time
Engineering Your Future to leave a legacy
Lift the lid of the UK water industry and you might be surprised with what you find – we are changing like never before! In the drive to deliver more environmental sustainability, we are seeking to become one of the biggest producers of green energy in the UK, we have some of the most complex assets in the country built by some of the most famous Victorians. We cover the most populous area in the UK which is growing at an unprecedented rate. We underpin the safe functioning of society.
Do you want to cut your teeth delivering engineering and construction projects in this world? Do you want to leave a legacy? This is ‘A’ game territory and we want ‘A’ game people. We offer great people, who want to learn and test themselves to limit, full end-to-end exposure to exciting projects and programmes, collaborating with a myriad of suppliers, deploying innovative technology to secure safe water supplies for today and tomorrow. Do you fit the bill?
About this role:
Reporting to the Major Projects Construction Manager, the Operations Integration Manager will be accountable for managing the relationship between the Project Teams and Operations in ensuring the best business outcomes for the projects being delivered. This will involve building a team of like-minded capability and expertise across the Major Projects programme that safeguards both project delivery and site operational activities and responsibilities. Key to this role will be core operational expertise that can bring insight and leadership in ensuring clear ownership and accountability between operations and project, ensuring sustainable outcomes are achieved, taking responsibility for the identification, development, acceptance and implementation of solutions that deliver the required benefits across the AMP.in delivering the optimum business outcome.
You will be a key member of the Major Projects Leadership Team
• Promote Thames Water’s Three Zeros culture and work with relevant departments to address issues and improve site health and safety performance.
• Evolve, drive and adapt the best practice of the operations integration role within projects and team’s performance through implementing lessons learnt and satisfying Operational teams’ requirements.
• Support compliance with environmental requirements in asset design and delivery, monitoring delivery performance and working with contractors to address issues and improve.
• Ensure the team are fully resourced and structured to meet their responsibilities and provide clear direction to develop a strong culture that supports the end-user.
• Represent Major Projects (as required) on the Senior Management Outage Planning Group to ensure that there is strong coordination between Delivery teams and Operations.
• Ensure that agreed commitments for access and outage arrangements are maintained and that opportunities and risks to the programme are reviewed and addressed appropriately.
• Work with Delivery teams to understand their resource profile needs to facilitate the AMP7 programme for specialist roles such as HV SAPs, WQ Samplers and SCADA Engineers.
• Liaise with Operations to ensure that they are fully resourced to meet their obligations and mitigate risk of delivery due to inadequate resource planning.
• Lead on the Capital Delivery Stakeholder Improvement Plan which will develop new and existing relationships with colleagues across the business, in particular Operations and Asset Management.
• Ensure that relevant teams outside of Capital Delivery understand their accountabilities to facilitate the AMP7 programme.
• Ensure that project briefs are communicated to relevant stakeholders and proactively work with the Delivery teams and Operations to “de-risk” the AMP7 programme.
To be successful, you will have the following skills and experience:
• NEBOSH or other relevant Health and Safety qualification.
• Extensive operational understanding with a proven track record of dealing with Capital Delivery teams.
• Understanding of the challenges faced by operational teams.
• Ability to balance competing demands to deliver a solution accepted by all parties.
• Ability to identify and break down system processes, operational and technological difficulties to assist in the development of key winning strategies.
• Experience in managing large and geographically diverse teams.
• Positive, with a can do attitude.
• Solid influencing skills with the ability to develop strong relationships.
• Willingness to challenge the norm and consider new approached or ideas.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Technical knowledge of water/wastewater operations.
• Full driving licence.
• Excellent IT literacy.
What's in it for you:
Our competitive salary and package include a competitive bonus, car allowance, private healthcare, an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday. There is also a wider benefits scheme which includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus discounts at a wide range of retailers via Benefits on Taps. We also have a referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days of paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.