About the role:
Working across a specific geographical area, you will lead the operational engagement between our Operations and Project Delivery teams. As the Operational Liaison Engineer, you will be responsible for the successful and seamless delivery of assets through design and implementation to operational takeover and post takeover support, whilst safeguarding any site, process, regulatory and statutory requirements and maximising benefits to Thames Water.Key Accountabilities:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Promote Thames Water's Health and Safety Three Zeros culture, of ‘Zero Incidents, Zero Harm & Zero Compromise’ by supporting the wellbeing of team members, colleagues and contractors
- Understand and support operational compliance requirements, liaising with the project team to ensure compliance is maintained
- Ensure the project teams and operations understand the underlying drivers of needs along with any operational synergies across their operational area and wider programme
- Ensure project objectives meet the requirements of the End User, considering the required business outcomes and available budget
- Develop relationships with the project delivery teams to ensure a culture of End User involvement is embedded across the programme
- Adopt the standardised approach to operational engagement to ensure efficient governance and that the engagement meets the necessary quality standards
- Support the design process, ensuring Operational layouts and functionality are in line with Best Operating Practice
- Support of key design reviews (Solutions review / Challenge Workshop, HAZOP, HAZCOM, SWIFT)
- Understand and agree risks, outages and schedules, ensuring these are effectively agreed and communicated at appropriate levels within Operations
- Understand and agree on the site access, mobilisation, availability of plant and personnel to facilitate construction, integration, commissioning, training and Take Over
- Facilitate definition and agreement of TOCOPs and TWOSAs
- Understand and agree on the training needs of Operational personnel and agree on training schedules with project teams
- Liaise with project teams to agree to pass through key milestones (Start on-site, the start of commissioning, the start of taking over procedures)
- Liaise with project teams to agree with ownership and responsibilities during the Take Over process and agree post Take Overworks
- Verify readiness for taking over; approval of Project Agreement Document
- Support operations post take-over to ensure the benefits are embedded and that the projected operational requirements are achieved
- Contribute to Lessons Learned reviews from an Operational perspective, ensuring results are used in future projects
What’s in it for you:
- HNC or above in an appropriate engineering subject or significant experience in a similar role
- NEBOSH General or Construction Certificate, SMSTS or IOSH
- Extensive Operational understanding and experience across Thames Water
- Understanding of the challenges faced by operational teams with the ability to identify and breakdown system processes, operational and technological difficulties to assist in the development of solutions
- Experience in managing operational interventions and liaising with Capital Delivery project teams
- Experience in an operational role related to water/wastewater/networks as appropriate to the specific appointment with technical knowledge of water/wastewater operations
- Understanding of the development of design, construction and operation of infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects
- Understanding of performance and quality management
- Understanding of delivery Forms of Contract
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills with excellent computer skills
- Ability to chair meetings and the gravitas to develop solutions that may not initially be universally popular
- Full driving licence
This role offers a great opportunity to work within the Capital Delivery Team on Water and Wastewater Projects. Supporting the overall delivery programme, the role will open up opportunities to develop key skills in influencing and guiding others, ensuring communication and engagement is key throughout the whole life cycle of the project and AMP7. You will have the chance to overcome key challenges within the programme and work with our operational colleagues and stakeholders to design, build, commission the right solution.
You will have the opportunity to support, influence and manage the AMP programme to achieve a successful conclusion for all our customers both internal and external.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.