Operational Excellence Lead (18963)
Job ID: 18963
Location: Warrington, UK
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
We've got a great opportunity for an Operational Excellence Lead to join our Market Services team. This role is critical to the success of the Market Services Department.
As the Operational Excellence Lead, you'll design and deliver change programmes, deliver business process improvements and system, data, and customer service excellence whilst acting as subject matter expert in their field within the Market Services Department.
You'll also matrix manage and lead operational teams in order to deliver industry leading performance and customer service; improved financial efficiency, operational effectiveness and customer advisor competence maximising the use of automation and data to support these goals.
- The main objective of this role is to ensure the continued delivery of excellent customer service within the Market Services Department. You'll also:
- Design, deliver and manage the Market Services improvement plans to implement new and improved business processes to ensure the business area operates effectively and efficiently and delivers against all its business objectives.
- Understand our customers and the services they require through feedback and research and develop appropriate strategies to design the offerings required.
- Develop and embed a culture of continuous improvement.
- Be the lead for driving the use of data and automation within the Market Services Department.
- Be adaptable, challenge motivated and have the confidence to challenge “the way it's always been done”.
Knowledge and Skills
- Degree level qualification in relevant business or customer services subject or equivalent significant business experience.
- Previous experience working in your field of expertise
- Rounded experience working in an operational environment with responsibility for driving and providing high levels of process improvement, customer service, quality and operational effectiveness.
- Continuous improvement skills – demonstrate best practice approaches to improving our processes and customer journeys
- Excellent analytics skills to support performance and improvements in customer experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to influence and persuade internally, externally and at an industry level
- Leadership and people management skills and an ability to build, recruit and develop high performing teams.
- Demonstrable customer focus, innovative and continuous improvement approach to enhancing operational working practices.
- Be resilient and tenacious, personally driven to overcome obstacles with a proven ability to deal with ambiguity and drive through change.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills to facilitate management of own workload, and that of their direct team to deliver departmental targets through the line.
- Excellent knowledge of and demonstrable experience in using data and automation to support operational efficiency.
Additional InformationWe need fantastic people to enable us to deliver a great service to the public. We are committed to reaching and recruiting from every community and then supporting employees to achieve their full potential ensuring they feel valued and included, regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, sexual orientation or social background.
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.