Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit an Operational Delivery Manager to work on our Thames Water Capital Delivery Framework covering Thames Valley.
As the Operational Delivery Manager for Thames Valley, you will be part of the Senior Management Team and will have P&L, HSEQ and customer responsibility for delivering a successful framework in the region.
As the Operational Delivery Manager your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Manage and lead the Delivery Team to ensure client expectations are exceeded and deliver a safe and efficient programme of work
- Manage the safe and quality assured delivery of both water and waste water projects for our client to high standards
- Ensuring the correct processes and procedures are in place and followed for right first time and defect free delivery
- Responsible for setting and delivering against financial budgets whilst delivering against the clients regulatory and measured targets
- Managing, measuring and reporting financial, schedule and quality information centrally and working closely in collaboration with our client
- Build, lead, support and encourage the Delivery Team with their duties (training, mentoring and appraisal)
- Promote a culture of zero harm and zero compromise through proactive and leading measures
- Lead by example and promote a positive behavioural safety, health, environment and well-being culture
- Manage project delivery with a regular review of performance against cost and programme
- Understand and manage key stakeholders in the region through proactive engagement
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with Thames Water and their customers to ensure Morrison Utility Services deliver customer satisfaction
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Experience and knowledge of water and waste water infrastructure project delivery in a capital delivery environment
- Experience of managing multidisciplinary teams in a regulated water environment at a senior level
- Managing teams against milestones and budgets in a safe and profitable way
- Effective communications skills with drive and energy to build and develop a first class Delivery Team
- Able to manage risk and business management with commercial and business acumen
- Degree qualified in construction Management, Civil Engineering or similar
- NEBOSH or similar
- APM or equivalent
- ILM or equivalent
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car/car allowance and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.