OHL Craft Trainer
From £37,600 - £47,000pa with up to a 10% performance related bonus
Closing date: 20th November
Help us create a better future, quicker
Joining ScottishPower as a technical trainer delivering a range of craft skills across the different business units, focusing on Overhead line activity to our new apprentice workforce and our existing employees.
You'll deliver initial/refresher training courses as part of your duties which will fully support each operating plan within the business. You'll work as part of a training group to develop their own skills to ensure that all training activities are carried out to a high level, in terms of both quality and safety, whilst ensuring low cost and best value for the business.
What you'll be doing
Our corporate business is responsible for providing support services for all ScottishPower business as such we require an experienced craftsperson to carry out a training role, passing on their knowledge and experience to the next generation of trainees and apprentices.
The post holder will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Provide comprehensive support in relation to all technical training need analysis
- Development of training plans, delivery and evaluation for internal and external customers
- Provide support to the business with regard to specific products and technique development
- Support the design, development and delivery of operational safety programmes
- Ensure compliance with of each individual business and Health & Safety legislation
- Monitor/Review all training delivery methods to ensure quality and compliance with standards
- Ensure training objectives are achieved
- Ensure the effective utilisation of the varied training/learning solutions available
What you'll bring
- We're looking for candidates with a craft apprenticeship or equivalent training, as well as city & guilds II or equivalent electrical qualification
- You'll have previous experience as a recognised Overhead Linesperson. Knowledge of engineering standards, specifications, working practice and constraints
- Desirable skills include knowledge of the fundamental business processes within ScottishPower and knowledge of ScottishPower L&D Training and Development policies and procedures. An understanding of company electrical authorisation policies and procedures
- A full valid driving licence
What's in it for you
As well as a competitive salary which is reviewed annually, you can also enjoy a number of other benefits. With our pension scheme, we'll double match your contribution up to a company contribution of 10%.
At ScottishPower, we believe it's the little things we do in life that make a big difference. From helping you look after your family's wellbeing, save for your future and take personal steps for climate action - our benefits are designed to help you do just that - so that you have everything you need to take care of your world - today and tomorrow. That's why our benefits include:
- 36 days annual leave
- Holiday purchase - perfect your work/life balance with extra annual leave
- Share Incentive Plan and Sharesave Scheme
- Payroll giving and charity matched funding
- Technology Vouchers - save more and spread the cost of your technology purposes
- Count us in - pledge to reduce carbon emissions and help fight climate change
- Electric Vehicle Schemes - to help you transition to green/clean driving
- Cycle to Work scheme and public transport season ticket loans
- Options to purchase dental insurance, private medical insurance, health cash plan and annual health assessments
- Life Assurance (4x salary)
- Access to nudge' financial wellbeing support
- Plus shopping, leisure, restaurant and gym discounts, and unique employee deals on travel insurance and more
ScottishPower is part of the Iberdrola Group, one of the world's largest integrated utility companies and a world leader in wind energy. With a commitment to generate all of our energy from renewable resources and a drive to create the energy infrastructure of the future, we're at the forefront of the journey to Net Zero and investing over £6m every working day to make this happen. With diverse opportunities across our businesses and a commitment to invest in our own internal talent, ScottishPower can offer people real career opportunities that meet personal and professional goals, in a global organisation.
Inclusion, diversity, and a social purpose are at the heart of everything we do. Together with our values, they bring us together into a stronger, more sustainable business with direct links to the communities we serve. It takes all kinds of people to build a large-scale business like ours, so whatever your background, you'll fit right in.
ScottishPower is committed to providing reasonable support or adjustments in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com.