M Group Services Plant & Fleet Solutions is currently looking to recruit an Occupational Road Risk Manager to work within our Safety, Health, Environment and Quality department reporting to our Stevenage office with business travel across the UK.
We are looking for an experienced SHEQ professional with a proven passion for road safety, utilising behavioural safety techniques to develop a safety first culture for road risk.
M Group Services Plant & Fleet Solutions provide Plant & Fleet Asset Management Services across all M Group Services companies, including the provision of a wide ranging fleet of over 7,500 vehicles which range from company cars to LCV’s and HGV’s.
As an Occupational Road Risk Manager you will develop and own a proactive approach to Occupational Road Risk, working within the Plant & Fleet Solutions business and the wider business to successfully implement and embed the strategy and further actions.
As the Occupational Road Risk Manager your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Develop and deploy a strategic plan to ensure a continuous improvement approach to managing Occupational Road Risk across business units
- Prepare and report against key metrics for Occupational Road Risk to inform key stakeholders and drive continuous improvement
- Lead a transformational change in Occupational Road Risk and best practice moving forwards
- Assist in the development and implementation of the group wide strategy for Occupational Road Risk
- Ensure a positive incident reporting culture within the business and that all incidents are properly investigated and root causes established
- Ensure that M Group Services Plant & Fleet Solutions and all other group divisional operations are working towards the approved Occupational Road Risk policy
- Ensure that all vehicles fitted with telematics are allocated to the correct division with correct structures in place
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Previous experience of managing Occupational Road Risk within a regulated nationwide infrastructure
- Demonstrable experience of delivering change in an operational environment
- Strong analytical and presentation skills
- Recognised professional Health & Safety qualification such as NEBOSH
- Familiar with working in a fast paced fleet or logistics environment
- Self-motivated and able to work alone or as part of a wider team
- Operate and influence at all levels of the organisation
- Proactive approach to communicating and leading cultural change across a business, from boardroom to workshop
- Full UK Driving License
- Willingness to travel
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car or car allowance and fuel card
About The Company
M Group Services delivers a wide range of essential infrastructure services within the utilities, transport, data and telecom sectors in the UK & Ireland.
We have built and maintained relationships with our clients over a number of years and have a strong culture that continuously focuses on safety, operational delivery, efficiency and customer service.
M Group Services, a trusted employer to c. 9,000 skilled specialists working from 100 locations, operates a divisional structure aligned with its end markets.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.