Your Ambition Keeps Cosy Constant
At Cadent we’re excited to be part of the future of UK energy! We’ve got a clear roadmap that will both drive our performance to the forefront of our industry and support the UK government in achieving their net zero target by 2050.
We’re making a difference through innovation and new ways of working. Together we’re shaping/creating a cleaner, greener future for our 11 million customers who we put at the heart of everything we do.
About our Engineering Apprenticeship
As an apprentice working in our Pressure Control and Storage (PC&S) team you’ll see we’re just as passionate about keeping your energy flowing as we are our own.
From day one of your 3-year programme, you’ll make an impact on millions of people without them even knowing it. Monitoring and maintaining pressures and controls throughout our gas network, helping to keep the gas flowing safely and reliably to all our customers.
You’ll be supported by a dedicated programme manager, business mentor and line manager. Our community of apprentices also provide the perfect support network, pulling from their personal experience they’ll provide guidance and assistance and you’ll inspire each other from the very start.
At the end of your apprenticeship you’ll have achieved a whole host of qualifications including the Gas Network Craftsperson Level 3 Apprenticeship, all of which will support you moving forward with a career at Cadent.
Once qualified as a Lead Engineer in PC&S you’ll operate and maintain mechanical valves, carry out routine maintenance and complete fault finding and rectification on a wide range of assets and equipment used in our networks. You’ll work on gas pressure control equipment, valves, gas conditioning and other mechanical systems and equipment.
Your expertise will keep our energy flowing and ensure our gas network powers homes, businesses and day-to-day life in the communities we serve.
Our East Midlands vacancies are in Nottingham, Chesterfield and Leicester
Please note, we do have multiple vacancies across varied locations for all of our apprenticeship programmes. Duplicate applications will not be progressed so please submit one application to your preferred apprenticeship programme.
What You’ll Bring
We’re looking for people who act with pride, purpose and ownership to join our Apprenticeship Programme, along with:
- 5 GCSEs minimum grade C/4 or equivalent - 2 of which must be Maths and English Language
- High levels of personal and professional energy – you’ll have lots of drive and motivation too!
- A shared sense of purpose – we’re on an exciting journey of growth – do you want to be part of it?
- A passion for engineering and customer service - We’re looking for people who can delight our customers!
- Team Spirit – We support each other, with all our strengths and differences, to succeed
What’s In It For You
When you’re responsible for some of the most challenging and vital work around, it’s only right that you receive some of the best rewards and benefits around too. With us, you can expect a starting salary of £18,327 which rises within each year of your training, plus;
- 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays, with the option to buy more
- Generous Pension Scheme which is double matched up to 12%
- Opportunity to earn performance bonus up to £250
- £200 contribution towards the cost of driving lessons whilst on programme
- Expensed travel and accommodation whilst away on training
- Flexible Benefits including; cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car scheme, insurance and healthcare packages
- My Offers membership card – offering discounts and savings from hundreds of retailers
- Access to our Occupational Health Services including our employee assistance programme which offers confidential counselling
- Support with financial wellbeing
You will have the opportunity on our programme to make a real difference and become one of Cadent’s ambassadors for STEM. Representing our programme across the business up to senior stakeholders and within our external communities.
Cadent embraces Diversity and Inclusion and we have a number of initiatives in place to support this. These include development programmes designed for female colleagues and an employment scheme aimed at young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities which our Graduates play a key role in running.
We celebrate what makes us different, as well as what we have in common. This enables us to work better as one team shaping a dynamic, innovative and inclusive culture. Our employee communities support us in keeping our employees engaged and motivated and through our partnerships and covenants we ensure our workforce reflects our communities in all their diversity.
Cadent is a Disability Confident employer so if you require any reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process, please get in touch and let us know. We’re also happy to discuss flexible working options should the role accommodate it.
This Apprenticeship will start in September 2021
Please note, to be considered for the role, you must live within a predetermined area to the vacancy location.