Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km’s of pipes, to keep taps flowing and toilets flushing
. We are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always openWhat you will be doing
We are currently recruiting for a Network Engineer out of our Beckton STW Depo to work on an FTC for a period of 6 months. As the successful candidate, your role will be supporting our customers and protecting the environment. You will be overseeing our contractors and ensuring they are working safely and efficiently. Working alongside them to resolve defects on our sewer network.
This role provides an interesting working environment as no one day or one job is the same. You will be required to liaise with the environment agency, councils, and customers. This role will suit someone who is self-motivated, strong interpersonal skills, and enjoys the responsibility of making quick accurate assessments and decisions whilst on site. You will form part of an extremely supportive and trusting team.Key Accountabilities:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- The day-to-day operation of the waste network including resolution of sewer collapses, blockages, flooding to customers’ homes, and pollution to watercourses.
- Taking personal ownership of customer issues i.e. responding to queries, complaints, and resolving issues.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations and standards during repairs.
- Acting as local network expert providing information for risk assessments and sharing information regarding network risks and other health and safety issues.
- Attending meetings with customers, councils, and the Environment Agency to discuss how best our business can support them.
- Providing critical on-site information to support the wider Operations team.
- Supervising contractors to ensure that they are working safely and adhering to company policies & procedures.
What is important to us is finding someone with the right personality and values for our team.
We are looking for someone with enthusiasm and a willingness to learn. As you will be spending your time dealing with customers and contractors, you need to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. There is a need to be self-motivated with a passion for problem-solving and making a difference.
What’s in it for you?
- Basic IT skills are preferable but not essential.
- Clean manual driving licence.
Our competitive salary and package include a competitive bonus, car allowance, private healthcare, an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday. There is also a wider benefits scheme which includes an annual pay review,
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding, and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements, and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion, and Disability Confident Leader and we are a Times Top 50 Employer for Women.