Network Assistant – Network Biomethane & Gas Entry Connections
Location: Horley (flexible across Southern region)
Salary: £28.0k - £34.6k (dependent on skills & qualifications)
We have an opportunity for a Network Assistant within the Network E&I biomethane team. Reporting to the Network E&I Gas Entry Network Officer, you will be part of a team delivering gas entry connections' projects on behalf of the SGN regulated business.
In the role of Network, you will have experience of gas entry in the regulated gas networks and specifically experience and knowledge of the biomethane gas industry. The role will require a strong background in project administration working in conjunction with SGN Network colleagues and SGN Operational colleagues. You will be highly organised and be able to demonstrate an ability to react in a timely manner to project requirements as and when they occur to ensure third party requirements are met. Due to the nature of the work carried out by the Network biomethane team, the successful candidate will be exposed to a wide range of activities from across the SGN business including elements of gas quality.
With a positive and flexible approach to work, you will be highly motivated with good organisational, diagnostic and problem-solving skills. In addition, you need to be an effective communicator at all levels within and beyond your own team.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Develop and Support the entry of gas to the network.
- Working with gas quality information and systems to support SGN in meeting Gas Safety Management Regulations’ requirements.
- Prepare commercial contracts in line with industry codes. Support SGN’s strategy for the future of the gas network.
- Preparation of quotations for Capacity Studies and Connection Offer letters for distributed gas injection sites, along with Local Operating Procedures.
- Processing Distributed Gas Initial Enquiries and Capacity Studies to meet the agreed standards of service.
- Attendance at project meetings to ensure compliance with Network Entry Agreements.
- Inter departmental liaison in the preparation and execution of entry projects.
- Production of statistics for weekly, monthly and annual reports.
- Processing accepted quotations, including invoicing and project number submission
This role will offer plenty of genuine learning and development opportunities, as well as a competitive salary with the usual SGN company benefits including retail & leisure discounts, HolidayPlus & Cycle2work schemes, gym & mobile discounts, a pension scheme, and more.
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and want our workplace to be an innovative and inclusive place to work. We encourage our employees to foster a diverse and inclusive culture, so our working environment enables you to feel empowered and achieve professional success.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
An engineering qualification or gas industry qualification preferred and must be willing to travel within the UK on a regular basis working in both office and field environments. A driving license is essential.
We’re also looking for;
- A good level of technical knowledge on the operation of the gas network is essential, with a technical qualification in an appropriate discipline
- Knowledge/experience of Industry Codes, Regulations and Legislation also beneficial.
- Candidates will also be expected to demonstrate a high level of computer literacy and associated skills. – 3 years admin experience, Microsoft Office Excel: Level 1&2, Microsoft Office PowerPoint: Beginner & Intermediate.
WHO WE ARE
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…
SGN are proud to employ around 4,000 individuals with a wide range of experiences, backgrounds, and beliefs. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment, where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and employees.