Who are we?Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km’s of pipes, to keep taps flowing and toilets flushing
. We are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open.What you will be doing
We have a great opportunity for our Kempton Nature Reserve for a Nature Reserve Warden,
you will manage the site with regard to biodiversity, public access, community involvement and education enhancements, whilst engaging and promoting the achievements of the Nature Reserve within the Company, regulators, stakeholders and interest groups. One day a week you will work from our Mogden depot.We’re looking for you to:
What’s in it for you?
- Have In-depth knowledge of habitat and wildlife reserve management preferably with an appropriate degree.
- Sound knowledge of and proficiency in practical conservation skills.
- An enthusiasm for urban conservation and relating it to the public.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to clearly interact with our customers, as well as written skills
- Take Ownership of customer queries, being curious to fully understand the query and identify the best solution to resolve it the first time
- Deliver exceptional customer service through an enthusiastic and positive approach, taking accountability for your role while working accurately and flexibly within a busy team
We love working with like-minded people who are passionate about what they do and want you to feel that way too. We will motivate you to drive and actively encourage your career development. So bring us your enthusiasm and commitment and we'll support you every step of the way.So, if you are interested, we would love to hear from you. please apply directly, not forgetting to attach a covering letter, including the areas of the business you are interested in, from the above list and your reasons for applying.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. We are proud of the positive ways of working we have adopted during the pandemic. We want to create a more flexible and dynamic environment so all our colleagues can thrive.
For our office-based roles, we are moving to a hybrid approach where we will provide options around working from our offices, our operational sites and home dependent on role/team/individual. This will be discussed during the assessment process.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding, and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you will enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We are also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader and we are a Times Top 50 Employer for Women.
You can find out more in our working for us section of our website.