Location: Beattock, South West Scotland
Salary: £27.6k - £34.1k (dependent on experience)
We are recruiting for a Maintenance Technician, Mechanical, based at Beattock Compressor Station, South West Scotland, reporting to the De-Minimis Manager, Scotland. The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for operating and maintaining the plant and equipment which forms the GNI gas network, transporting high pressure gas to Ireland. This network is operated and maintained by SGN.
- Installs, maintains and repairs equipment at Brighouse Bay and Beattock Compressor stations, and on the associated pipelines and above ground installations, to ensure reliability/availability and compliance with all safety and legislative requirements. This may include work at other locations on the SGN or other independent gas networks.
- Maintains comprehensive records for all work, and for all new and existing equipment.
- Participates in a 24-hour standby rota at frequencies required to cover all staffing levels.To meet standby response time, the successful candidate must, therefore, live within a 1-hour travel radius of Beattock Compressor Station.
- Assists and liaises with design and construction consultants, providing accurate records and information.
- Obtains and prepares cost estimates for planned works and/or new equipment or services.
- Maintains an up-to-date personal development portfolio and ensures competence for all duties. Trains new staff and contractors.
- Supervises and/or assists contractors and equipment suppliers during planned or breakdown maintenance periods, ensuring all work is carried out safely and to agreed standards and procedures.
- Carries out the permitry duties of Competent Person, Process Controller for all operations.
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture and embracing differences is something we pride ourselves on. You will be empowered to be yourself and work with people from different backgrounds and points of view to achieve things you never thought possible. We also offer:
- Competitive starting salary with a performance related 10% increase following your first 6-months. (Also, the possibility of working overtime to further increase your earnings).
- Company benefits including retail & leisure discounts, HolidayPlus & Cycle2work schemes, gym & mobile discounts, a pension scheme, and more.
- Plenty of genuine learning and development opportunities.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Possession of an NVQ Level 3; relevant City & Guilds or equivalent qualification
- Approximately 5 years’ experience on mechanical maintenance and installation activities, including rotating machinery; hydraulic and pneumatic systems (- in order to meet industry standards)
- A flexible approach and willingness to work outside normal working hours, and at other locations, to meet operational requirements
- Good inter-personal and leadership skills, along with an ability to become multi skilled across the various disciplines required within a compressor station
- A demonstrable ability to work at heights; in confined spaces and on hazardous area equipment
- An ability to operate and maintain computer-controlled equipment and associated field systems.
- A full and valid driving licence is essential
Not a perfect skills match? Tell us what you’re interested in – you might have a skill we didn’t realise we needed! SGN specific training will be provided.
WHO WE ARE
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re on a journey to transform the future of gas and we think outside the box – futuristic technologies and robotics are leading our innovation. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we do but beyond that, we want to make the world a better place, which is why we’re passionate about helping in our communities, reducing our carbon footprint and driving innovation in our industry.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…