£36,000- £40,000 per annum (this includes over time and standby) + business use van and all tools/PPE
Full time, 37 hours, 5-day working pattern including some weekends.
Covering Thetford, Lowestoft and the surrounding area.
Do you have an NVQ level 2 or equivalent within an electrical or mechanical engineering sector?
Have you completed an apprenticeship?
Would you like to be part of a team who are responsible for the safe and sustainable operation and maintenance of our water recycling assets?
Here at Anglian Water, we are one of the leading providers of water and water recycling services in the UK and our organisation is an industry benchmark for quality and customer service. But what makes us unique is our commitment to providing the development people need to make a real difference.
The key services that we are responsible for are delivered by our in-house, highly skilled workforce. We collect and treat the water that customers have used, returning it to the environment via rivers and coastal outlets. Our network includes 76,000 kilometres of sewers which feed over 1,000 water recycling centres.
As a Mechanical Maintenance Technician, you will be helping with the smooth running of the day-to-day operations of our Water Recycling sites across Thetford, Lowestoft and the surrounding areas including Diss and Beccles. You will carry out general repairs and investigate, diagnose, and rectify faults with support from your wider team.
Within this role you will ideally have experience within a mechanical maintenance role, ideally within the industrial environment. Some working knowledge of industrial mechanical control systems, telemetry systems, pumps, gearboxes, general mechanical plant and equipment would be beneficial but is not essential. A full UK driving license is required for this role.
Inclusion at Anglian Water
Inclusion is for everyone, and we are an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an environment where all our colleagues feel they belong.
As a valued employee, the benefits you'll be entitled to:
- Personal private health care
- 23 days annual leave - rising with length of service
- Business use of company van plus access to tools and all uniform and PPE
- Competitive pension scheme - Anglian Water double-matches your contributions up to 6%
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing and lifestyle.
- A flexible working culture
- Life Assurance at eight times your salary
- Personal Accident cover - up to 5x your salary
- Lots of great discounts
- Paid time off when you're physically and mentally unwell
- An excellent Family Leave package - to help you support your family
- Support for your professional development by paying for one relevant professional membership per year
Closing date: Monday 26th February 2024