Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Mechanical Fitter to work on our IOS contract in Colchester.
As a Mechanical Fitter, you will be responsible for undertaking mechanical installation, repairs and maintenance work to provide high quality ‘right first time’ cost effective mechanical work on Anglian Water’s assets.
As a Mechanical Fitter your duties and responsibilities will be:
- In accordance with Anglian Water Minimum Asset Standards and legislation, undertaking high quality mechanical installation, repairs and maintenance work of:
- Primary Settlement Tanks
- Inter stage pumping
- Final Settlement Tanks
- Sludge Treatment Centres
- Combined Heat and Power Plants
- Pumping Stations
- Terminal Pumping Stations
- Fault-finding and diagnostic work as required to repair and maintain mechanical installation
- Ensuring that all relevant documentation is processed and systems are completed in a timely manner
- Undertaking visual inspection of all tools, equipment and vehicles ensuring they work correctly and reporting any defects
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Must hold relevant qualifications (e.g. NVQ Level 3 or equivalent)
- Previous work experience in the water industry would be preferable
- Holder of appropriate CSCS card (desirable)
- Effective communication skills
- Effective written and numerical skills
- You must possess a high degree of manual dexterity demonstrated through the use of hand tools
- You will be required to work outdoors in all weathers and be required to walk and stand on uneven ground
- You must also be able to work within a confined space, without restriction
What’s in it for you?
- 21 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Company van and fuel card (business use only)
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.