About the role:
We are seeking a Mechanical Technician with some Electrical experience to ensure that all equipment at our sewage treatment works is running safely and efficiently using proactive and reactive maintenance methods.Key Accountabilities:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Investigate plant failures and carrying out repairs as quickly and efficiently as possible in order to avoid interruptions for our customers. This may involve investigating and diagnosing complex faults and carrying out repairs during incidents.
- Carry out scheduled planned maintenance work on mechanical and electrical equipment in compliance with company standards and procedures in order to improve plant resilience.
- Provide technical advice to the wider team, referring to up to date technical knowledge, and provide training or support for technical trainees if required.
What’s in it for you:
- You should ideally be a time served apprentice with significant experience working in an industrial capacity.
- Must have completed an approved apprenticeship and ideally be qualified to C&G Part 2 or ONC level, in either mechanical or electrical discipline. Preferably a BTEC ONC or HNC in a combined Mechanical and Electrical subject.
- Knowledge and awareness of workplace health and safety are crucial.
- The work will require physical fitness; as you may be required to work in confined spaces on successful completion of the appropriate training.
- Participation in a 24/7 out of hours’ standby rota will be required after a suitable period of training and assessment for which you will receive additional payment.
- A valid driving licence is essential and all necessary equipment such as vehicle and tools are provided.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced mechanical and electrical maintenance technician to join Thames Water. You will be part of a close-knit, high performing team with a variety of different skills and will gain experience on a wide range of plant and equipment some of which are unique and innovative. This role offers great learning potential with the ability to cross skill into other disciplines.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days of paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.