Are you a skilled Mechanical/Electrical Technician with a passion for maintaining and repairing vital equipment in water treatment facilities? SES Water, a top water supplier to over 750,000 people across 330 square miles, is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team.
As a Mechanical/Electrical Technician, reporting into the M & E Maintenance Manager, you'll play a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth operation of our water treatment infrastructure. Join us and be part of a company committed to innovation, impact, and a sustainable future.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Excellent pay rate: £40,000-£50,000 per annum dependant on experience
- Group personal pension plan with up to 10% employer contribution
- Life assurance.
- Financial education, savings, and loans support
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Generous annual leave: 25 days per year
- Simply Health healthcare cashback scheme and access to Surgical Choices
- Service and MOT discounts at our on-site garage
- "Give a Day" initiative: One paid day per year to volunteer in the community
- Perform scheduled maintenance on a range of mechanical and electrical equipment, including pumps, electric motors, valves, diesel engines, vessels, gearboxes, compressors, and gas dosing equipment
- Identify and diagnose issues with mechanical and electrical equipment and execute necessary repairs
- Conduct overhauls on various types of mechanical and electrical equipment, including repairing worn metalwork
- Create basic 'one-off' metalwork fabrications when needed
- Conduct routine performance tests on plant equipment in accordance with manufacturer's requirements
- Prepare detailed written reports on equipment faults and conditions
- Install and set up mechanical plant equipment and repair various pipework and plumbing
- Safeguard and manage spare parts and equipment
- Work closely with M&E staff and Systems Technicians to ensure efficient maintenance operations
- Adhere to safety protocols and requirements, especially in confined spaces. Successful candidates will be required to pass a medical examination for confined space/BA working
- Basic electrical training, forklift truck driving, welding, brazing, soldering, and machine operations (e.g., turning, milling, and thread cutting) are essential skills
- A mix of indoor and outdoor work
- Occasional heavy physical effort
- A clean-shaven appearance is required when wearing self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA)
If you are passionate about water quality, have the necessary skills and qualifications, and share our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we invite you to apply for this exciting role. Be prepared to work both indoors and outdoors, ensure safety compliance in confined spaces, and contribute to our mission of providing clean water for future generations.
At SES Water, we celebrate the diverse perspectives and experiences of our colleagues, recognizing that our differences make us a stronger team. We encourage candidates to bring their authentic selves to work and share their lived experiences, helping us better serve our communities now and in the future. If you require any support during the recruitment process, please contact us.