Engineering Apprenticeships - Mechanical and Electrical
Requirements: Achieved or predicted 5 GCSE’s at Grade 4 (C) and above - Including Science, Maths and English.
What’s on offer?
Unlike many apprenticeships, ours offer the opportunity to gain a dual qualification.
You’ll be placed on a four-year structured programme gaining the knowledge and skills to be able to join one of our dedicated operational teams at the heart of the business. We are recruiting our engineers for the future and we are offering a great opportunity for anybody looking to start a career within the water industry. This is a real job with real rewards. You will be learning about new and innovative technologies that will improve the way we work at Thames Water for years to come.
We are offering training, qualifications, real life experience and the opportunity to "Earn while you learn". This is a real job with real rewards. This is a great opportunity to learn the essential skills that are already in high demand across the industry and will set you on the path to your future career.
You’ll have a starting salary of £15,000 alongside a fantastic benefits package. Work hard to achieve the best grades and you’ll receive salary reviews and increases throughout the scheme. Once you have completed the 4-year programme you could expect to be earning in the region of £30,000+ as a skilled technician.
What will this role involve?
The next 4 years are going to be really busy learning new skills and gaining experience in technologies and area's you didn't even know existed. This is a blended course where you will study both mechanical and electrical engineering.
Throughout the programme, as well as practical on the job experience, you will also be working towards achieving your qualification to become a Dual-Skilled Technician. Once you have completed your qualification you may be offered additional work-related company training.
During your time on the apprenticeship it's essential that you place the customer at the heart of everything you do; in addition to making sure you are safe every day by championing Health & Safety within the work place for both you and your colleagues.
What skills are we looking for?
Apprentices are key to our success and we have very high standards when selecting our apprentices. The GCSE requirements for our positions are a minimum of five GCSE's at grade 4 or above (A-C), including Science, Maths and English. Don’t worry if you don’t have your grades yet, if you are due to sit your exams this year, we still want to hear from you as long as your predicted grades meet our requirements.
You will also:
- Motivated and committed; a dedicated team player with a genuine desire to learn and a “Can Do” attitude.
- Have clear passion and drive to be someone who influences and shapes our future organisation.
- You’ll also be customer focused and have the ambition to start a great career.
- Be curious and comfortable; ready to ask questions and discover the answers.
- Enjoy being collaborative and part of a team, but equally adept in taking the lead and working on initiative.
- Open to change, resilient when faced with moments of uncertainty or ambiguity.
- Understand the value of stakeholder relationships and network with people of all levels and backgrounds.
- Share new ideas and ways of working.
- Be ready to apply everything you learn in your day to day role and any projects outside of this.
- Ask for feedback and are open to receive and build the knowledge and insight gained in a proactive way.
Please get in touch if this sounds like you!