Primarily we are seeking these skills:
• Working knowledge of wholesale and Balancing energy market arrangements, and the ESO’s role within these.
• Familiar with REMIT and Grid Code requirements, and the subsequent impact on ESO operations.
• Experience in analysing large volumes of data – and the ability to create bespoke excel/database/SQL queries to interrogate data.
• Experienced in running investigations, including collating several data sets together to provide a full picture and to gain insights into behaviours.
• Able to collate, summarise and present findings and insights in a clear and logical manner, including recommendations for next steps.
• Able to work to tight timescales and understanding of the need for confidentiality in ongoing investigations.
• Experience of working within a regulated environment and able to support engagement with external stakeholders.
• Able to quickly build strong working relationships across the ESO to ensure access to and gain insight from required data sets.
We celebrate the differences people can bring into our organisation - operating in an inclusive culture we welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds.