ScottishPower is part of the Iberdrola Group, one of the world's largest integrated utility companies and a world leader in wind energy. ScottishPower is the first integrated energy company in the UK to generate 100% green electricity. Our focus is on wind energy, smart grids and driving the change to a cleaner, electric future and we're investing over £4m every working day to make this happen. We're committed to speeding up the transition to cleaner electric transport, improving air quality and over time, driving down bills.
ScottishPower Renewables is at the forefront of the development of the renewables industry through pioneering ideas, forward thinking and outstanding innovation. Our ambitious growth plans include offshore windfarms in East Anglia with our team leading the Group's international offshore development. With over 40 operational windfarms, we manage all of our sites through our world leading Control Centre at Whitelee Windfarm., near Glasgow.
At ScottishPower Renewables, we know people are central to building a better future, quicker and we are seeking new talent to join our team.
Reporting to one of the Lead Marine Assurance Managers, the Marine Assurance Manager will provide support to the Lead Marine Assurance Manager during the pre-FID phases of a given project and act as the point person for the project in managing the risks and assurances during construction.
The job holder is responsible for supporting implementing robust specialist technical cost-effective strategies and plans, tendering, negotiating and managing offshore supply, installation and maintenance contracts, planning and implementing delivery sites and logistics, complying with company and business specialist technical standards and technical acceptance criteria, and ensuring quality, best practices and excellent H&SE performance are applied. The candidate will be managing marine assurance activities and decisions across the offshore business.
The job holder will support developing strong relationships with all major marine stakeholders including Regulators, Shipping Authorities, Governments, Consultees, Communities, sub consultants and suppliers on an international basis.
* Marine Assurance Manager is a cross package role within one of Iberdrola's offshore projects worldwide, providing key specialist technical advice, assessment and recommendations to ensure delivery of a multi-contract package within time, to budget and quality following industry best practice and observing the maximum respect for Health, Safety and the Environment to ensure regulatory and legal compliance.
* Provide professional advice regarding marine assurance / technical strategies / risk levels and commercial agreements to the packages, to ensure that cost effective technical solutions are identified, fully evaluated and the associated marine risk profile is fully understood by the project. Domain awareness includes but is not limited to all matters relating environmental consent compliance, marine navigation, radar, communications systems, shipping and ports.
* Manage and document appropriately the marine aspects of the Development, Construction and Operations activities in the delivery of large-scale offshore wind projects for all projects in the offshore portfolio. This includes all matters relating to marine navigation, radar, shipping and ports.
* Manage tender process and tender assessment for specialist marine services and take forward recommendations for business approval (ISM audits, AVI inspections, charter party agreements)
* To manage and co-ordinate marine technical and operational support to the marine and site operation department and respective projects to enable consent, build and operation of offshore assets.
* Responsible for ensuring marine assurance process, as appropriate is completed, and documented for marine spread, entering, operating and exiting operations on SPR sites.
* Manage external service consultants to ensure Navigational Risk Assessments, ERCoP etc are prepared in compliance with relevant state requirements.
* Support the development of procedures in compliance with G+ Small Vessel Operating Guidelines such as Marine Coordination and Master's Handbook.
* Implement offshore standards, procedures, tools, best practices and quality requirements for key work packages to ensure that packages are delivered according to specification, budget and programme without compromising safety.
* Manage marine interfaces between projects; provide feedback to industry standards and commercial best practice.
* Manage co-ordination of marine interests of development-construction-operations, particularly monitoring/feedback
* Marine liaison during execution to ensure marine inspection non-conformities are closed and vessel are presented ready in all regards, with auditable records to commence operations.
Skills and Requirements
* Sea-going experience as Master or Chief Officer, with directly relevant operational experience as to operate as team member for marine operations executed in the construction and maintenance of offshore wind farms.
* Substantial experience designing and working in the offshore industry, preferably offshore wind.
* Substantial experience in dealing with health and safety and environmental legislation associated with construction, marine and offshore projects.
* Sound relationship management skills and confidence working with Senior Management.
* Proven communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to influence and develop key specialist decisions.
* Excellent report writing, presentation skills and ability to summarize key parameters and drivers impacting the package.
To be successful in a role you will need to demonstrate as minimum
* Educated to Degree level in a Marine related subject,
* Certified Master Mariner (Unlimited STCW II/2 CoC);
* Certified Chief Mate (Unlimited STCW II/2 CoC) with shore-based experience;
* UK Renewables planning knowledge
* Comprehensive knowledge of health, safety and environmental legislation associated with offshore/marine construction projects.
* Comprehensive knowledge of, and ability to develop offshore procedures, standards and guidance.
Flexible to travel around the UK and overseas.
What we Offer
This is a Permanent contract. Salary for this role will be circa £60,000 (uplift if London based) per annum. Other benefits for this role include a performance related bonus up to 15% and single cover health care.
As part of our commitment to a supportive and inclusive place to work, we recognise that our employees have different personal circumstances and want a suitable work-life balance. We are working hard to support flexible and alternative ways of working where possible including: Flexible Working, Shared Parental Leave, Career Breaks, Wellbeing / Employee Assistance Programme. You will also have access to our flexible benefits programme where you can decide what is important for you.
‘Happy to talk flexible working'
Our Selection Process
* Process they will follow: Behavioural Based Interview
Behaviours of Line Manager: Focus to achieve results, be agile, Develop self & others and Be a role model
* Location: 320 St Vincent Street, Glasgow, G2 5AD or 1 Tudor St, London EC4Y 0AH
Closing date: 29th October 2020