About The Role
Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Managing Quantity Surveyor to work on our Caledonia Water Alliance (CWA) contract in Stepps, Glasgow.
As a Managing Quantity Surveyor working on our Waste Water SR21 Programme, you will be part of our Commercial Department who are responsible for the reporting and management of all Commercial aspects of the contractor required to support the successful delivery of the contract works.
- CWA is a joint venture between Aecom and Morrison Utility Services Ltd currently undertaking work for Scottish Water.
- At CWA you will have the opportunity to work from the commencement of our newly awarded waste water programme alongside skilled professionals from a variety of sectors within the construction industry.
- CWA have a strong focus on people as we understand the importance that building a confident, experienced and knowledgeable team has on achieving success. We have ongoing development programmes in place across all departments which are continually being reviewed and refined.
As the Managing Quantity Surveyor your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Management of work-stream based commercial team consisting of SQSs, QSs, AQSs and Administrators, specifically for the Waste Water side of our activities.
- The MQS is responsible for ensuring that their commercial team complete the following tasks accurately and in a commercial, sensitive manner.
- Monthly AFP production and submission.
- Identification and measurement of change on live projects and negotiation of target cost variations.
- Negotiation of dis-allowable and withheld costs with client representatives / escalation to CM if required.
- Monthly CVRs & forecast cost to complete by project.
- Monitoring of subcontractor payments, forecast spend, risk and opportunity schedules.
- Identification of commercial risks, opportunities, value engineering and change.
- Assisting the project teams and other commercial functions.
- Trend analysis, record keeping and archiving.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements
- A commercially and contractually astute individual that takes ownership of their own teams and their business unit’s performance.
- A proactive person with a disposition to take action preemptively to manage risk and opportunity.
- A person with an eye for detail who can challenge and help build target costs.
- Results driven, capable of working on own initiative and just as importantly supporting the wider team.
- Able to converse professionally at all levels from subcontractors through to the end client.
- A strong leader who can build a team and create an environment where they will be motivated, supported, driven and effective.
- Waste Water Experience is not essential, but is preferred.
- A manager who mentors their team, developing each team member whilst modelling the behaviours and standards expected.
- Understanding and appreciation of operational activities in the Scottish Water business.
- Ability to learn and master client specific software.
- Consistency and attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with large amounts of data accurately and efficiently.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 days’ bank holiday.
- Annual bonus.
- Pension scheme.
- Life Assurance.
- Private health care.
- Company car/car allowance and fuel card.
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.