Circa £29,364, per annum, salary dependant on skills, experience and level of qualification (must hold NVQ L3).
Dip your toe in a new career!
Are you someone who is passionate about electrical and/or mechanical maintenance and takes pride in a safety first and efficient approach to your work and environment?
We are looking for Maintenance Technicians to join the Water Recycling Team in the Broadholme area, who will work with determination to collect and treat the water that our customers have used and return it to the environment via rivers and coastal outlets.
Not only will you take pride in keeping all kinds of equipment at our Water Recycling Plants, Sewage and Vacuum Pumping Stations operating correctly and reliably, you'll have a calm approach as you respond promptly to issues and incidents.
Your electrical and/or mechanical knowledge will enable you to be responsible for the day-to-day operation of water recycling assets, you'll carry out general repairs and investigative, diagnose and rectify faults with support from your wider team.
As an Anglian Water Maintenance Technician, can you help us in our mission to protect the environment?
As a valued employee, you'll be entitled to:
- Personal private health care
- 23 days annual leave - rising with length of service
- Access to a company vehicle, tools and all uniform and PPE
- Competitive pension scheme - Anglian Water double-matches your contributions up to 6%
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing and lifestyle.
If successful in your application, you will benefit from access to a company vehicle, so a full driving licence is essential. If you are offered the role, the status of your driving licence will be checked.
What does it take to be a Maintenance Technician?
- You'll need to embrace the extensive training programme, where you'll learn how to operate and maintain a complex Water Recycling Plant.
- You'll need to have completed an appropriate electrical/mechanical/maintenance apprenticeship or have an equivalent NVQ, complemented by ONC/BTEC or City and Guilds parts 1 and 2 or equivalent.
- You'll have proven electrical/mechanical experience in an industrial environment, along with a good working knowledge of industrial electrical control systems, telemetry systems, pumps, gearboxes, general mechanical plant and equipment.
- Ability to develop great working relationships.
- Team player.
- Flexible approach to working hours - once you have undertaken training you will be required to participate in a standby rota to provide 24-hour operational service throughout your local area - you will receive additional payment for this on top of your basic salary.
- To be able to undertake your standby duties and respond to urgent issues, you will need to live within the location as detailed in the map.
Why Anglian Water?
Here at Anglian Water we are one of the leading providers of water and water recycling services in the UK and our organisation is an industry benchmark for quality and customer service. But what makes us unique is our commitment to providing the development people need to make a real difference. Our career opportunities provide on-going learning and professional development within a challenging work environment, which provides a vital service for our customers.
Closing date: 18th May 2021