£31,900 - £34,900 per annum (+15% shift allowance). Salary dependant on skills, experience and level of qualification (must hold NVQ L3) with the potential for overtime
Full time, 40.25 hours per week on a 7 day/12-hour shift pattern
Join the UK's largest water company!
Have you completed an industrial electrical or mechanical apprenticeship?
Do you have an equivalent NVQ or City & Guilds Level 3 qualification, complemented by ONC/BTEC?
If you have answered yes to the above, we have the ideal role for you! We are looking for Maintenance Technicians to join our new shift team to maintain all the electrical and mechanical plant at our Great Billing Water Recycling and Bioresources Treatment centre.
What will you be doing as a Maintenance Technician - Bioresources?
Not only will you take pride in keeping all kinds of equipment at our Water Recycling and Bioresources Treatment Centre operating correctly, safely and reliably, your electrical and mechanical knowledge will enable you carry out general repairs and investigate, diagnose and rectify faults and also to carry out planned and scheduled maintenance.
As a valued employee, you'll be entitled to:
- Personal private health care
- 23 days annual leave - rising with length of service
- Access to a tools and all uniform and PPE
- Competitive pension scheme - Anglian Water double-matches your contributions up to 6%
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing and lifestyle.
What does it take to be a Maintenance Technician - Bioresources?
- You must have an appropriate electrical/mechanical/maintenance apprenticeship or have an equivalent NVQ, complemented by ONC/BTEC or City and Guilds parts 1 and 2 or equivalent.
- You'll need to embrace the extensive training programme, where you'll learn how to operate and maintain a complex Water Recycling Plant and Bioresources Treatment Centre.
- Proven electrical/mechanical experience in an industrial environment, along with a good working knowledge of industrial electrical control systems, telemetry systems, pumps, gearboxes, general mechanical plant and equipment.
- Ability to develop great working relationships.
- Team player.
- Great health and safety awareness.
- Flexible approach to working hours
Why Anglian Water?
Anglian Water is not your typical water company. What we do really matters. Water is the lifeblood of our world and we're proud of the difference we make. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly love what we do! If you care about excellent customer service, your career and the environment, then we want to hear from you. We're constantly exploring; working hard to find new and better ways to look after our customers' individual needs. And this is where you come in - we need more great people to help us on our quest.
Closing date: 21st September 2021