Are you an experienced Multiskilled Maintenance Supervisor looking for a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Maintenance Supervisor for our team in Crayford. This role will involve working a 4 on 4 off shift pattern, including nights, on a salary of £33,570 and an additional shift premium.
Maintenance Supervisor Role:
The Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for the safe and effective delivery of the site maintenance strategy. Working in partnership with the production team and the maintenance & engineering manager, the Maintenance Supervisor will coordinate all maintenance activity and optimise plant availability, performance and quality.
The Maintenance Supervisor will also be responsible for planning, organising and undertaking corrective and reactive work and be responsible for delivering improvement projects leading to increased plant reliability and cost reduction. You’ll continuously evaluate equipment reliability leading to Root Cause Analysis (RCA) studies and the planning and implementation of subsequent improvement activity.
Additionally, you will provide engineering expertise to the Unit Manager and production teams as well as provide information and recommendations to assist and influence decision making relating to maintenance activities.
Our ideal Maintenance Supervisor:
- Experience working within a processing, manufacturing or similar environment
- Possession of HNC, City & Guilds or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
- Completed apprenticeship (NVQ level 3) in an appropriate engineering skill
- Awareness of Environmental, Health & Safety regulations and their impacts
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft office systems
- Good understanding of a proactive maintenance strategy and condition monitoring
- Knowledge of CMMS systems, purpose and functionality
- Knowledge of mechanical & electrical systems and safety
- Ability to think logically and decisively to effectively provide engineering management solutions
- Excellent diagnostic skills
Rewards and Benefits:
In return for your hard work as our Maintenance Supervisor, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including pension, optional healthcare and a range of flexible benefits.
If you want to work within a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click apply.