You will manage the repair and maintenance of the supply network, leading around 30 employees through 4 direct reports. You will ensure that works are carried out in compliance with health, safety, environmental and quality standards, minimising the risk of supply interruptions or water quality issues. You will work with others across the business to manage and report on the performance of supply chain partners, develop commercial strategies to drive service improvements and efficiencies.
Reporting into the Head of Supply, you will collaborate with managers and team members across the Supply department to improve the overall effectiveness of activities. You will be responsible for managing people processes, performing monthly 121 sessions with team members and reviewing and implementing training and development plans.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to become part of a collaborative company, drive performance and embed a customer-centric culture.
- Manage the planning and delivery of repair and maintenance activities, end-to-end streetworks processes and manage the costs associated with permits, FPNs, defects and overruns.
- Review daily, weekly and monthly performance data; adapting plans to ensure compliance with SLAs whilst achieving budget.
- Maintain the highest standards of customer satisfaction, ensuring that all on-site activity is in line with health and safety, environmental and quality standards.
- Provide support as part of the emergency team in the event of an emergency that could affect the company’s operation or service delivery.
- Provide leadership and technical support to the team, communicating clear expectations of appropriate behaviours.
- Liaise with external stakeholders including Contractors, consultants, Environmental Groups and Highways Authorities.
- You will be part of the company’s Incident Management Team and may be required to operate as part of an ‘out of hours’ standby arrangement to provide decision making support.
- You will hold a relevant qualification within further education as well as a streetworks qualification.
- You will have knowledge of NEC3 and NEC4 contract management and will have experience of managing direct and contract labour force.
- You should already have experience within the streetworks industry and be able to demonstrate your ability to lead and develop a team.
- You will have strong communication skills and able to build relationships at all levels of the business, as well as with external stakeholders.
- It would be ideal if you hold a NEBOSH qualification as well as chartered or qualified status with ICE, APM or CIWEM as well as having experience in the management of Water or Utility contracts.
Water plays a role in all our lives. It’s an essential service and one that we are proud to deliver to our customers and communities. SES Water supplies 160 million litres of fresh water to over 735,000 people across Kent, Surrey and South London every day. Our vision is to be an outstanding water company delivering service excellence and we believe our people are integral to helping us achieve our goal to ensure that we deliver a high-quality service that is reliable and resilient.
This role is integral to achieving our performance pledges and ensuring that we provide a reliable supply to our customers. We are an inclusive team that values diversity and community, what makes us different as well as what we have in common. Your contribution to delivering our Business Plan over the next 5 years and our 5 pledges to our customers is vital. We aren’t just recruiting for experience - potential, fit and values are fundamental to building and developing our team. We want you to develop, grow and succeed and enjoy working at SES.
Salary £55,000 per annum
- Up to 10% employer contribution towards Aviva’s Group Personal Pension Plan
- Life assurance
- Simply Health cash plan, Surgical Choices and Rewards
- Bonus scheme
- Aqualibrium – our wellbeing programme including Mental Health First Aiders and free annual comprehensive health check
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing to 27 with length of service
- Salary Finance: Financial education, saving and personal loans
- Discounts with our subsidiaries and on-site garage as well as local retailers
- One day’s paid volunteering per year