- Job Reference: 00016765-1
- Date Posted: 13 May 2022
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: Wrexham, Clwyd
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
Main Purpose and Scope of Job
Bryn Lane PFI is to be maintained and operated in accordance with the Permit, Planning Permission, all FCC Group policies & procedures, whilst maximising recycling.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
• Identify, organise and prioritise workload among staff and ensure work is completed to FCC standard.
• Help maintain required standard of Integrated management systems paperwork for “IMS” / Site filing systems “SFS”
• Demonstrate good communication skills towards FCC, Regulatory / statuary bodies
• To assist the Supervisor in delivering, controlling and co-ordinating the safe and efficient operation of the area in accordance with management instructions, all health & safety Working Procedures and Legislative Requirements, Planning Permissions, Waste Management Licence, E-Module Training, Safety Alerts and Toolbox talks at all times.
• To be aware of, and conversant with the relevant details of the Permit, Management System, Risk Assessments, COSHH Assessments, Emergency Procedures and other relevant health, safety & environmental documents as directed by the Supervisor.
• Ensure all accidents, near-misses or dangerous situations are recorded and reported to your Supervisor or Manager.
• To promote and enforce the need to maximise recycling levels across all operations.
• To control and co-ordinate all transport requirements at each Centre to ensure recycling and waste containers are always available and operational.
• Ensure all legislative Duty of Care, Waste Carriers Certification and Consignment Note requirements/ checks, along with the associated paperwork, is completed properly.
• Generation of clear and factual information relating to all necessary paperwork on behalf of FCC
• To ensure that all site personnel are wearing issued uniforms and the correct PPE at all times.
• Attend and participate in monthly meetings regarding achieved recycling rates and other site issues.
• To carry-out plant pre-start checks and defect reporting for both mobile and static plant,
• To ensure preventative maintenance, servicing and statutory inspections are carried out in line with the manufacturer’s guidelines and associated training.
• Formally record and report any breach of rules, act of dishonesty, malpractice or corruption by any member of staff
• Liaise with and carry out any reasonable and safe duties assigned to you by your Manager
• Mobile plant licence, especially loading shovel, telehandler and excavator (preferably with grab attachment).Counter Balance fork lift truck
• Have experience in operating mobile and static plant
Satisfactory completion of the relevant Competency Management System modules.
Completion of all other training as defined within the Training Matrix.
Personal Attributes and other Requirements
• Good verbal communication skills.
• Places Health and Safety at the centre of everything the site does.
• Practically minded with can do attitude.
• Ability to deal with people. Respectful.
• Flexible approach to duties
• Able to work as part of a team.
• Able to use initiative and make suggestions for process improvements.
Any other reasonable request.