- Job Reference: 00016495-1
- Date Posted: 18 November 2021
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
West Devon District and South Hams
We are FCC Environment, one of the nation’s leading waste and resource management companies. Committed to sustainability, we strive to minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill by transforming it into valuable resources wherever possible.
We own and operate more than 200 recycling, treatment and disposal facilities and employ nearly 2,400 people across the UK.
We’re currently looking for a Loader to join our team in the West Devon District and South Hams on a full-time basis.
- Competitive hourly rate
- Up to 20 days’ holiday per annum
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme and life insurance
- Flexible benefits including high street savings, cycle to work scheme and Gymflex membership
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme and the Best Doctors Service
- Peer to peer recognition scheme
- Training and development opportunities
As a Loader, you will work as part of the collection crew and/or street cleansing team within the West Devon District and South Hams.
In this varied role, you will:
- Complete all tasks in line with company policies
- Load company vehicles
- Wear your supplied PPE at all times
- Ensure that your designated vehicle is kept as clean as possible
- Treat colleagues and company property with respect
Please note, this role will involve lifting and carrying items and remaining on your feet for long periods of time.
To join us as a Loader, you will need:
- To be reliable and trustworthy
- The willingness to work in all weathers
- Good time-keeping skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team
Knowledge of the West Devon District and South Hams area would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Cleaning Operative, Street Cleaning Operative, Site Operative, Vehicle Loader, or General Operative.
Webrecruit and FCC Environment are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Loader, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.