As a direct result of business growth, we are delighted to be recruiting for a Linesman's Mate, with good knowledge of HV / LV overhead networks and experience working at heights, to join our friendly team in Sunderland, supporting our client, NPG.
Your role will be to accompany and assist the Linesman, enabling them to carry out their job safely and efficiently.
- Ensure health and safety compliance at all times in relation to working at height
- Facilitate, lift carry and clean all equipment relevant to overhead works
- Ensure sufficient supplies to carry out works are available
- Conduct visual checks on all climbing equipment
- Undertake all necessary work updates and completed work outcomes
- Conduct dynamic site specific risk assessments on all works
- We are keen to see applications from first aid trained and NRSWA accredited candidates, who have prior DNO experience, specifically working at height using mobile elevated work platforms.
An IPAF and Pole Top qualification is important, as is being able to identify tools & cables and comfortable with testing procedures.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are keen to secure a role in a growing sector, (despite the pandemic) and work for a company with a strong order book, just click on the apply button today.
Every day we work smarter, greener and use our imaginations.
Our purpose at Clancy is simple - we make life better for everyone’s growing families. We play a vital role in providing fresh drinking water and power to millions of homes and businesses and so much more.
We are one of the biggest family owned construction businesses in the UK and we care about our people, our clients and the environment.
You apply, and we respond within two weeks (we know how annoying it is not to hear anything back)! If you don’t receive feedback within that timescale, please don’t be afraid to chase us - one of our values is to do what we say we will do!
In addition to helping you reach your career goals, a competitive salary, pension, healthcare and holiday allowance starting at 22 days per annum, we also offer perks including Clancy Xtras, our employee benefits programme with discounts for numerous well-known retailers such as Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Currys PC World and Vue Cinemas, cycle to work scheme as well as an Employee Assistance Programme.
Clancy is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for you to attend an interview, please do let us know and we will be happy to accommodate.
We are proud signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant and Disability Confident Committed.