About the role:
We are seeking a qualified Lifting Equipment Inspector
to join an established team who between them carry out inspections of lifting equipment on operational sites across the entire Thames Water region. The key function of this role is to ensure that all lifting equipment is inspected and is certified safe in accordance with the requirements laid out in the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER) 1998. The successful candidate will have responsibility for planning, communicating and carrying out the program of inspections he or she is responsible for. Therefore, the ability to plan and communicate effectively are essential for this role.Key Accountabilities:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- To plan, communicate and complete a program of inspections of lifting equipment on operational sites in your designated area, ensuring that all equipment is kept in date in accordance with LOLER.
- To ensure that any defects found on lifting equipment inspected are brought to the attention of the responsible person in a timely manner.
- To ensure that inspection reports are submitted in accordance with LOLER and where applicable, notifications are made to the enforcing authority.
Whats in it for you:
- A recognized qualification in inspection of lifting equipment with preference for LEEA (Lifting Equipment Engineers Association) Diplomas.
- Previous experience in carrying out lifting equipment inspections would be advantageous.
- Excellent planning and communication skills.
- Must have knowledge and awareness of health and safety requirements specific to the inspection of lifting equipment.
- A valid driving license is essential.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.