Are you an LGV Driver with drawbar vehicle experience looking for a new challenge?
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
We are looking to recruit an LGV Class 1 Driver for our Peterborough Glass Recycling, where you will be responsible for driving and operating a drawbar vehicle, including drawbar trailer. Working hours are 42.5 a week, Monday to Friday.
What will you be doing?
Joining our team as an LGV Driver, you will drive and operate vehicles and equipment safely, compliantly and incident free and maximise profitability and efficiency. You will follow direct and written instructions from the Collections Business Managers and their appointed representatives.
You will ensure the security of vehicles and equipment and complete satisfactory daily records and all associated drivers paperwork. The LGV Driver will also ensure that material collected meets the required quality and waste regulations.
What do you need?
- Thorough working knowledge of current legislation of LGV driver hours including WTD
- Experience of driving LGV vehicles in a commercial environment
- Good geographic knowledge of the area
- LGV Class C or C+E licence
- Driver CPC
- Excellent customer service skills
What can Viridor offer you?
In return for your hard work as our LGV Driver, we can offer a competitive salary plus excellent benefits, including:
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, click apply.