Location – Coventry
£46,643 - £64,073
Here’s what you’ll be doing in role:
You’ll be responsible for developing and maintaining all elements of compliance - the primary focus of the role is safety and environment but also includes industry specific certifications and ISO Management Systems.
Providing expertise on operational day to day activities relating to technical or occupational safety as well as other compliance requirements and monitor the activities of the EEISL business to ensure it meets its HSSE obligations internally and externally to all third parties and members of the general public who interface with the business.
- Attend leadership team and strategic SHE meetings, and provide advice on SHE as required.
- Attend the Res Exec SHE forum to represent EEIS.
- Manage SHE resource activities to identify and implement SHE improvements which contribute to achieving company objectives and growth.
- Ensure suitable and sufficient risk management processes are in place, relative to the business activities.
- Lead the business in management and development of SHE procedures, safe systems of work and other risk control measures.
- Support the operational units by doing SHE WIP inspections for independent analysis on performance and compliance to SHE.
- Represent EEIS and E.ON in the UK in cross business led projects and initiatives.
- Support the implementation of SHE in UK projects and initiatives.
- Project manage H&S improvement projects as required.
- Responsible for the SHE assessment procurement processes in relation to the selection and onboarding of new partners and the review of existing partners.
- Provide expert, balanced and highly professional advice to pro
- NEBOSH Certificate and / or equivalent as a minimum.
- Work towards Diploma and Chartered Safety & Health Practitioner status, via continuing professional development (CDP) programme as stipulated by IOSH.
- A proven ability to advise on H&S at operational levels/ department activities to a successful conclusion.
- A broad understanding of the business operations and associated SHE impacts, sufficient to be able to deliver effective SHE support.
- A detailed understanding of relevant H&S legislation and standards together with an overall understanding of Environmental regulatory requirements.
- Expertise in risk management and assessment and method statements and a thorough understanding of the application of risk control systems.
- Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to filter complex issues into a simple form.
- Extensive national travel will be a requirement.
It would be good if you had:
- Knowledge of current policies and procedures which affect the Health and Safety management of EEIS.
- Knowledge of the safety management of contractors’ activities.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- An innovative approach, creating imaginative solutions to problems and challenging established thinking.
- Training, presentation, coaching and facilitation skills.
- Proven ability to identify and analyse situations by isolating key issues, evaluating relevant data and drawing appropriate conclusions.
- Organisational skills.
- Full EU/UK Driver’s license required.