Lead Project Manager
- Job Reference: 15803
- Date Posted: 16 September 2020
- Employer: IBERDROLA S. A.
- Location: GLASGOW (G2 5AD), United Kingdom
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Project Management
- Job Type: Permanent
- Duration: Undefined
- Work Hours: Full Time
ScottishPower is part of the Iberdrola Group, one of the world's largest integrated utility companies and a world leader in wind energy. ScottishPower is the first integrated energy company in the UK to generate 100% green electricity. Our focus is on wind energy, smart grids and driving the change to a cleaner, electric future and we're investing over £7m every working day to make this happen. We're committed to speeding up the transition to cleaner electric transport, improving air quality and over time, driving down bills.
ScottishPower Renewables is at the forefront of the development of the renewables industry through pioneering ideas, forward thinking and outstanding innovation. Our ambitious growth plans include offshore windfarms in East Anglia with our team leading the Group's international offshore development. With over 40 operational windfarms, we manage all of our sites through our world leading Control Centre at Whitelee Windfarm., near Glasgow.
At ScottishPower Renewables, we know people are central to building a better future, quicker and we are seeking new talent to join our team
Main purpose of this role is to deliver the Civil, Electrical or Overhead Line & Cable construction works for major electrical transmission projects to SPR safety, quality and environmental standards whilst ensuring financial and programme targets are met. Projects could vary from new build, replacement, refurbishment or other associated transmission projects. Lead the integrated team to ensure packages are designed and delivered on time, to budget and quality following the highest industry practice and observing the maximum respect for Health, Safety and Environment to ensure the overall project success.
The Lead Project Manager has direct responsibility for risk mitigation and delivery of the packages within the portfolio of works. This will include where required the Principal Contractor responsibility under CDM. She/he will lead high performing teams to deliver complex infrastructure projects with many interfaces and integration points, coordinating specific engineering outputs within construction plans to deliver fit for purpose solutions safely to time, quality and investment criteria.
The Lead Project Manager will ensure through their team that all works are carried out in a Safe, high Quality and environmentally compliant manner, complying with all legal requirements and leading HSQE performance. Directly responsible for site safety through development, creation and implementation of project specific safety plans and organisational arrangements.
* Delivering the projects to the specification, programme and contract price in accordance with SPR procedures
* Ensure compliance with all Health, Safety & Environmental Regulations and comply with SPR procedures
* Management of a number of Project Delivery Teams with the total number of subordinates ranging from 5 to 20 people.
* Provide accurate project financial forecasts and project financial risk assessments on all portfolio projects. Manage and report on expenditures using company's financial tools
* Responsible for managing onshore and offshore associated projects.
* Leading a multi-disciplined project team to deliver major infrastructure work packages, providing necessary guidance and leadership to effectively integrate all packages and ensure milestone requirements.
* Responsible for project financial and contractual governance.
* Responsible for tender packages preparation and tender return assessments
* Responsible for all contractor management, measurement and variation management across program in line with contract arrangements and conditions.
* Responsible for all pre-construction, set up and coordination of services, welfare facilities, lay down areas and access arrangements for the packages.
* Responsible for coordination of all commissioning activities on the works package.
* Development and modifications to program construction plans
* Support the ongoing development of the safety culture within the team and suppliers to ensure compliance with procedures and relevant safety legislation.
* Motivate, develop and review performance of team to deliver their maximum potential
* Directly responsible to provide/ procure all technical expertise and knowledge required to resolve site and project issues that jeopardise delivery.
* Carry out regular communications with the team to ensure knowledge sharing, business goals and project performance are well understood across the group.
Production of regular departmental management reports to establish performance in service delivery, cost control and actions taken.
Skills and Requirements
⦁ A strong understanding of UK Retail processes including an appreciation of the key inputs and outputs
⦁ Strong understanding of the UK Retail value chain
⦁ Proven communication skills both written and verbal and ability to communicate effectively at Operational Manager level
⦁ Strong time management skills and ability to prioritise workload and work to tight deadlines
⦁ Experience of project management
⦁ Good attention to detail
⦁ Experience of applying an analytical and structured approach to problem solving
⦁ Ability to extract and interpret complex data sets and information from a variety of sources to produce an integrated and concise analysis of performance
⦁ Ability to turn data analysis into business recommendations using a variety verbal and written communication medium.
⦁ Advanced knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office and Business Objects/Warehouse
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate as a minimum:
⦁ Familiarity in creation and production of reports within Business Objects and MS Offices packages such as Excel & Access
⦁ Competent MS Office practitioner - Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint
⦁ Experience of project management
⦁ Proven track record of data analysis
⦁ Knowledge of Energy Retail processes
What We Offer
This is a Permanent Full-time contract. Salary for this role will be min. from £58,160 per annum, annual Bonus up to 20%, Car Allowance 450/month and Health Insurance Family coverage.
As part of our commitment to a supportive and inclusive place to work, we recognise that our employees have different personal circumstances and want a suitable work-life balance. We are working hard to support flexible and alternative ways of working where possible including: Flexible Working, Shared Parental Leave, Career Breaks, Wellbeing / Employee Assistance Programme. You will also have access to our flexible benefits programme where you can decide what is important for you.
‘Happy to talk flexible working'
Our Selection Process
⦁ Selection Method: Competency Based Interview and Technical Questions
⦁ Competencies: Empower to Grow; Collaborate & Share; Be a Role Model; Be Agile.
⦁ Location: ScottishPower Headquarters, 320 St Vincent Street, Glasgow G2 5AD
⦁ Selection Method: Competency based interview and Technical Questions
⦁ CLOSING DATE: 30th September 2020