Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Lead Project Planner for our Electrical Transmission Business Unit in Warwick.
As a Lead Project Planner, you will report directly to the Head of Delivery and will be required to develop and maintain a P6 business unit programme, taking account of workstreams across a number of client frameworks, in order to provide resource management, key performance data for quality management, as well as manage regular site reporting in line with contractual and company policies.
As the Lead Project Planner your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Develop strong working relationships with clients, consultants, sub-contractors and external parties to ensure a collaborative approach to project coordination
- Support the electrical transmission business unit through tender and pricing activities with the development of anticipated project programmes, critical path analysis, procurement scheduling, and resource planning
- Plan, programme and monitor design, procurement and construction activities
- Take responsibility for co-ordinating all third party constraints, design, procurement and construction information into an integrated programme
- Liaison with project delivery teams to gather and record data on live projects
- Take a proactive role in the development of planning best practice
- Develop and lead a small team of Planners, when work volumes dictate, ensuring work is delivered to MUS budget, safety and quality guidelines
Essential skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Demonstrable systems/tools experience - Primavera P6 and Microsoft Office suite
- Experience of planning on a variety of engineering projects with values greater than £20m
- Previous experience of electrical transmission projects is desirable
- Previous relevant project management and costing experience
- Good working knowledge of NEC3 contracts or similar
- Leadership skills
- Able to facilitate and lead on the development of schedules with stakeholders at all levels
- Proven track record of project delivery and programme management
- Self-motivated with effective communication and negotiation skills
- Full driving licence
What's in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Private health care
- Company car or car allowance and fuel card
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.