Lead Health, Safety and Wellbeing Business Partner (18294)
Job ID: 18294
Location: Warrington, UK
Working Hours: 37.00 per week
We've got an amazing opportunity for a Lead Health, Safety and Wellbeing Business Partner to join our Health, Safety and Wellbeing Team. In this role, you'll work with the Head of HSW and the Central HSW team to develop and implement the HSW strategy to ensure all our employees go home safe and well.
You'll complete detailed analysis of current performance, and by working closely with the Director and senior management team of the nominated business area, develop sustainable health safety & wellbeing improvement plans for their business areas, that align with the business strategy. Your role will be to bring about company-wide Health, Safety and Wellbeing improvement activities through planning, design and implementation activities.
- Regularly undertake effective diagnosis of safety performance for the supported area in order to identify true root causes.
- Develop Health, Safety & Wellbeing improvement plans that can be tracked through to completion and reported on.
- Ownership and delivery of assigned projects for Health and Safety improvement activities.
- To support the nominated area in the development and implementation of training plans, competency and capability requirements for employees to enhance awareness, engagement and capability.
- To support the delivery and adoption of a structured Health Safety and Wellbeing management system across United Utilities.
- To ensure that the true root causes of accidents and incidents have been identified and that remedial actions are tracked to completion within the nominated area of support.
- Manage the relationship with internal and external stakeholders and agree ownership and content of Health, Safety & Wellbeing plans
- Provide advice and support to nominated area on Health Safety and Wellbeing issues.
- Manage the relationship between the Directors of the business areas and coach them and their direct reports in Health and Safety management.
- Line manage the functional safety team and ensure that they are bringing about embedment activities with the APM and PM teams.
- Attend Director's meetings and Directorate safety rep forum.
- Undertake coaching activities with all business business areas Directors and ABM's or equivalent in business area.
- Work with Health, Safety and Wellbeing focal lead to assist them in developing Health, Safety and Wellbeing plans to improve performance and compliance in their teams, whilst ensuring it takes direct account of the Corporate Health and Safety Strategy.
Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum of 2 “A” level qualifications with Degree level preferred.
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent. Chartered IOSH status (or working towards this).
- Knowledge of safety management theory and evidence of having put this into practice.
- Proven track record of reducing incident rates and sustaining them via targeted improvement activities.
- A good understanding of behavioural theory and practice.
- Experience of effective team leadership, management skills, capable of inspiring high performance delivery through others and managing performance in a structured manner with Coaching and Influencing skills
- Experience of successfully supporting strategic relationships with key external stakeholders, including trade unions
- Knowledge and experience of managing the HSW elements of CDM and capital projects and developing and developing and improving contract partners performance
- A sound ability of communicating and presenting to senior level, both internally and externally, in meetings and in writing
- Experience in Continuous Improvement techniques and implementation of HSW improvements
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience of effective communication with stakeholders from board to site.
We need fantastic people to enable us to deliver a great service to the public. We are committed to reaching and recruiting from every community and then supporting employees to achieve their full potential ensuring they feel valued and included, regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, sexual orientation or social background.
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: 25/05/22