Permanent: 42 hours per week
Salary: £28,027 rising to £31,024 once fully trained
The important bit - Salary and Benefits:
When you join us here at cadent, and to make sure we train you to be at your best, we ask you to carry out a period of probation. Throughout this time, you will earn £28,027 (inclusive of London weighting). Once we have upskilled you in all things Gas Emergency Service Operations, you will progress to £31,024 (inclusive of London weighting). If you work over your contracted hours you will be entitled to an hourly rate of pay (£17.10 per hour). Throughout our peak times, we may require you to work additional hours, which of course attracts an additional hourly rate of pay (up to £21.62 per hour dependant on time) As we operate 365 days a year, you will need to undertake overnight standbys which will vary in amount depending on the area you work in. This standby will offer you an additional set payment of £55.00 per weeknight and £90.00 per weekend. On top of all of that, we want to recognise you for being at your best. Once you have passed you probation, you will also receive a monthly incentive payment based on team performance. This is our way of thanking you for your Customer Service.
A Little About Us
At Cadent we’re excited to be part of the future of UK energy! One thing we know for sure – this last year has shown us that when we combine our brand with the talent of Cadent employees, we create something special. We’ve got a clear roadmap that will both drive our performance to the forefront of our industry and support the UK government in achieving their net zero target by 2050.
We’re making a difference through innovation and new ways of working. Together we’re shaping/creating a cleaner, greener future for our 11 million customers who we put at the heart of everything we do.
Day to Day
As a Lead Gas Engineer in our Emergency Response Team, you’ll mainly work on your own and be the first one on the scene at our customers’ homes, responding to reported gas escapes or carbon monoxide activated alarms. Working on both contracted and emergency jobs, you’ll deal directly with our customers and the emergency services, often working shifts and unsociable hours. Confident and self-sufficient, you’ll also carry out scheduled installation, replacement and maintenance of gas meters for both domestic and commercial properties.
You’ll monitor gas readings on programmed escapes and perform medium rise, high rise and gas safety regulation surveys. In addition, you’ll fit cooker safety valves, attend meter faults, purge and relights and much more.
In brief as a Lead Gas Engineer in Rayleigh with us you can look forward to the following:
- Guaranteed basic monthly pay
- Supplied, fully costed van (work use only)
- Full PPE supplied allowing you to work safely in customers’ homes
- Local team & Managerial support with regular updates & Safety briefings
- Additional standard benefits, such as pension, healthcare & Employee benefits.
- Ongoing training and development to help develop your future.
What You’ll Bring
No two days will ever be the same, and we operate throughout the entire year to ensure we are meeting the needs to those who rely on us the most…. our Customers. To operate at our best, we look to employ the best, so we would love to hear from you if you have:
- CESP1 or CMA1 (Mandatory to carry out this role. We will ask for your certificates at interview stage)
- Previous experience working within a gas environment
- A good knowledge and experience of gas appliances; testing, purging and the commissioning of pipework
- Being comfortable with engaging with the public to ensure that our customers are always looked after and kept safe.
- An understanding of Standards, Legislation, Codes of Practice and Health and Safety
- The ability to solve technical issues and think on their feet
- A full UK driving licence
For Being at Your Best We Offer:
We offer a host of benefits to suit your lifestyle and support your wellbeing. These include:
- 25 days holiday, statutory days, option to buy too + 8 bank holidays
- Competitive salary with fantastic career prospects
- Electric Vehicle Scheme/Cash alternative
- Pension Scheme – double match up to 12%
- Opportunity to earn bonus
- Private medical insurance
- Flex Benefits including; cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car scheme, insurances and healthcare packages
- My Offers membership card – offering discounts and savings from hundreds of retailers
- Support with financial wellbeing
- Access to our Occupational Health Services
- Full emergency training to ensure you are operating at your best
- Vehicle, tools, equipment, phone & tablet all supplied on your first day
Cadent embraces Diversity and Inclusion. We celebrate what makes us different, as well as what we have in common. This enables us to work better as one team shaping a dynamic, innovative and inclusive culture. Our employee communities support us in keeping our employees engaged and motivated and through our partnerships and covenants we ensure our workforce reflects our communities in all their diversity.
Cadent is a Disability Confident employer so if you require any reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process, please get in touch and let us know. We’re also happy to discuss flexible working options should the role accommodate it.