At E.ON our inhouse specialist legal team provide legal advice and support to all areas of E.ON UK.
We are looking for a Lawyer to be flexible in their approach and are afforded opportunities to support across all of E.ON’s activities, we are looking for two lawyers to join our team to focus on providing support to the following of E.ON UK’s activities:
One role to focus on providing legal support to E.ON’s energy solutions businesses; and the second role to focus on providing legal support for corporate transactions and public sector projects.
The first role (I&C Solutions):
Is mainly focussed on supporting all aspects of E.ON’s broad energy solutions offering to industrial and commercial customers, including the provision of funded and non-funded infrastructure solutions such as distributed energy generation and supply (power and heat) and energy/process efficiency improvements, alongside consultancy, energy management and flexibility/optimisation services. This role will also provide additional support to E.ON’s district heating business, as well as some occasional support on matters arising in respect of E.ON’s existing gas and biomass generation fleet. For this role we are looking for someone with sound commercial and construction legal experience capable of advising on matters arising throughout the full lifecycle of each project/asset, and preferably with some experience on energy infrastructure projects.
The second role (Corporate Role):
Is focussed on providing advice on corporate transactions, joint ventures and internal reorganisations and support for city energy projects (which often encompass partnering arrangements). As well as sound general commercial legal experience, a background in corporate work is required.
- To be a UK qualified solicitor or barrister with appropriate relevant post qualification experience
- Have experience advising on corporate commercial arrangements, either in a reputable private practice setting or an in-house function
- Can work independently but also as a reliable member of a team
- Hardworking approach with flexibility to work to tight timescales
- Strong business acumen with the ability to assess legal risk and commercial/practical considerations.
- Ability to deal confidently and build strong relationships with business colleagues
- For the first role, have experience advising on construction/infrastructure projects
- For the second role, have experience in corporate transactions (including mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures/partnering and reorganisations)
It would be great if you:
- Have experience in the UK energy sector
- Are commercially focussed, innovative and solutions aware
- Have great interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong working relationships
- Can work in a highly change oriented business facing role and initiate innovation via continuous improvement whilst being resilient, adaptable and organised
- Have excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Can apply technical legal expertise and knowledge to a situation whilst providing customer focused, risk-weighted and solution orientated advice
- For the first role, have experience in all or some of the following: energy infrastructure projects; demand side response/flexibility services; intellectual property in the context of innovation projects and infrastructure project development; construction and/or project contracts (e.g. O&M agreements, professional consultant appointments, PPAs); basic property law; regulation and policy applicable to the UK power and heat sector.