Base Location – Eastern Network (main offices are Leicester and Coventry)
Salary – Competitive, plus a generous pension scheme and a range of company benefits
Here at Cadent we’re at the start of an exciting journey of transformation, growth and evolution. We’re new but we’re 200 years old. (You might have known us as part of National Grid but now we’ve transformed ourselves to Cadent). We’re the UK’s largest gas network connecting and keeping energy flowing to our customer’s 12 million homes and businesses across the UK.
We’re proud of our story so far and we’re super powered up about what our future holds. That’s where you come in! Join us as a Lands Officer and start a transformation journey adding real purpose and direction to your career and feel genuinely proud about what you do.
About the Role
To deliver expert land support for the Cadent business, ensuring that land rights are delivered for all
works/projects requiring consents from third parties in accordance with current best practice, process
and guidance, and in a manner that enhances Cadent’s reputation.
- Deliver land rights for construction and maintenance projects, working with the wider investment teams to ensure the best Totex decision is derived for Cadent and its Customers
- Manage the delivery of lands related project activities through consistent implementation of best practise, process and guidance and effective engagement with all relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Acquire land by lease or purchase and acquire easements for Cadent assets, managing financial liability, securing the required rights to run the networks and negotiation of compensation and the provision of valuation advice to the business
- Assist with any complex legal challenges, provide specialist valuation and property support to projects
- Challenge, advise and guide projects in relation to the development of design and implementation of project land strategies and programmes
- Ensure that project resource requirements are identified; procured from our lands framework of suppliers and sufficiently embedded with the Land team ahead of need, and that the resources supported to perform effectively in relation to the delivery of land-related activities
- Proactively manage the Land resourcing and financial information, ensuring value for money and appropriate challenge into the project team to deliver this
You will possess the following skills, knowledge and qualifications:
- Experience of dealing with complex negotiations in an externally focussed high risk environment
- Proven ability to negotiate with wide range of external stakeholders from individual members of the public, landowners, commercial establishments, contractors, developers to ensure the best outcome
At Cadent we’ve got a whole host of standard and flexible benefits. You’ll get 25 days holiday + statutory days with the option to buy/sell also, a generous pension plan as well as the opportunity to earn bonus. Flexible benefits include: cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car, insurance and healthcare packages plus access to our Occupational Health services.
Diversity and Inclusion
Cadent has a commitment to Diversity and Inclusion - the more diverse our organisation is, the more able we are to respond to and reflect our communities in all their diversity. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
We want our employees to achieve a work life balance and are happy to discuss flexible working options with you if the role can accommodate it.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know. We’re committed to be Disability Confident in line with the Department For Work and Pensions scheme.
Be part of something big. Help shape the future of gas for generations to come