Location: North West
Salary: Starting at £29,187 (plus a range of Cadent benefits)
Here at Cadent we’re at the start of a really exciting journey of transformation, growth and evolution. We’re new but we’re 200 years old. (You might have known us as part of National Grid but now we’ve transformed ourselves to Cadent). We’re the UK’s largest gas network connecting and keeping energy flowing to our customer’s 12 million homes and businesses across the UK.
That’s half the UK, not bad going really.
We’re proud of our story so far and we’re super powered up about what our future holds. That’s where you come in!
An exciting opportunity here at Cadent for a motivated individual to join as a Land Officer within the North West region.
The role will assist the Senior Land Officer in the delivery of specialist land support to the Cadent Operational teams. Ensuring that land rights and permissions for Cadent projects are delivered on time and in line with current best practice, process and guidance.
Your day to day duties will include
- Agreeing access to land to allow capital and maintenance projects to be delivered
- Negotiate and settle damage and associated reinstatement claims
- Acquire land by lease or purchase and acquire easements for Cadent assets
- Assist senior colleagues on large or complex construction projects
- Carrying out land referencing and title searches on new jobs
- Assist with the successful delivery of crop loss and drainage compensation claims
- Carry out landowner visits
- Manage external suppliers to deliver works on behalf of Cadent
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Has to be comfortable speaking with landowners, developers and other third parties out in the field. Along with drafting supporting emails and letters.
- Ideally previous lands or wayleaving experience or proven knowledge of these activities
- The ability to manage own work load and report back to overall team with progress.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- A good knowledge of agriculture and rural affairs preferred
Don’t worry if you don’t tick all the boxes, support from the Senior Land Officer within the team will be provided.
The only essential skills are a positive mind set, a willingness to learn and excellent communication skills.
- Educated to degree, HND or equivalent qualification preferably in a lands/surveying/legal discipline;
- MRICS preferred.
At Cadent we’ve got a whole host of standard and flexible benefits. You’ll get 25 days holiday + statutory days with the option to buy/sell also, a generous pension plan as well as the opportunity to earn bonus. Flexible benefits include: cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car, insurance and healthcare packages plus access to our Occupational Health services.
Diversity and Inclusion
Cadent has a commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, the more diverse our organisation is, the better able we are to respond to and reflect our communities in all their diversity. We therefore encourage and welcome applications from people with a diverse variety of backgrounds; age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, social background, religion and/or belief.
We want our employees to achieve a work life balance and are happy to discuss flexible working options with you if the role can accommodate it.
If you require any reasonable adjustments during the application process, please let us know. We’re committed to be Disability Confident in line with the department of work and pensions scheme.
Be part of something big. Help shape the future of gas for generations to come.