About the role:
We are looking for a L & D Consultant – 12-month FTC
to support the consultant, evaluation, production and deployment of a robust Competency Framework model across Thames Water. This needs to capture our expectations of Technical / Functional Competency and Professional Skills for key roles in our business.
You will be part a dedicated team focused on driving the production and deployment of a self-assessment and observation tool via Learning On Tap (LoT), our LMS, which leads to individual development plans that are align to all areas of the competency and any required H&S learning by role. Working with our external suppliers of the LMS to enable accessibility and functionality and our internal teams for support, training and communication. Key Accountabilities:
Develop job specific pathways framework
- Support, develop and implement a job specific competency framework methodology that captures requirements for jobs across Thames Water in a consistent approach.
- Develop a job specific competency framework process and library in line with business requirements and LoT (LMS) capability.
- Review existing competency frameworks templates across Thames Water to agree preferred methodology and presentation.
- Work with the digital team to understand capabilities of LoT (LMS) and how competencies frameworks, career pathways can be incorporated.
- Consult stakeholders to develop the frameworks and obtain agreement and sign off.
- Work with our LMS partner and Design team to support the production of digital framework and assessment tool on our LMS platform and align to development plans.
Process map and documentation
- Identify roles requiring competency frameworks across Thames Water and group into key areas to capture development in current and future roles.
- Review any existing competency framework and transfer to agree template, if required.
- Prioritise roles and develop a roadmap /project plan for implementation in line with business priorities, communicate to stakeholders and obtain agreement.
- Develop reporting suite, working with HR services to report of progress against roadmap / project plan.
3rd Party relationship
- Review all process maps created for L o T phase one. Ensure all documented, accessible and implemented across business areas.
- Produce process maps for future implementation and obtain agreement from relevant stakeholders.
- Develop easy to use reference material for all processes and ensure relevant stakeholders following correctly.
Stakeholder management and engagement
- Work with stakeholders and HR teams to understand the internal and legal requirements for 3rd party contractors and ensure L on T meeting requirements.
- Develop relevant process and implement as required.
- Manage relationship with external generic e-learning providers.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Work with key stakeholders across Thames Water to promote L on T and Competency Frameworks ensuring regular comms and engagement activities to ensure the system is being effectively used by all employees.
- Obtain feedback and recommendations from stakeholders and build into future development plans.
What’s in it for you:
- L&D background understanding of training processes and competency frameworks
- LMS experience required for SABA using competency frameworks and assessments
- Excellent communication and engagement skills
- Experience of delivering agile digital projects within a HR environment
- Problem solving and critical thinking
- Project management and process mapping skills
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.