Morrison Utility Services is currently looking to recruit a Jetting Operative to work on our Welsh Water contract in Bodelwyddan, North Wales.
As a Jetting Operative you will be part of a team responsible for providing DCWW 24/7, 365 days a year cover for the sewerage network. This will include covering blockages, pollution and flooding events. Emergency Standby 1-4 Thursday-Friday is required to investigate and resolve issues effecting the sewer network.
As a Jetting Operative your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Ensure all areas of operational delivery meet MUS, client and customer requirements as well as ensuring standards of service are met and maintained
- Ensure effective site liaison and communications with the client, customers, colleagues and other stakeholder
- Ensure all data fed back into the Planning and Commercial Teams to ensure closure of the job within a timely manner
- Mitigate risks to health and safety, customer experience and commercial aspects of the job
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Previous experience of working on the sewer network
- Full UK Driving licence C1 is essential
- High pressure water jetting training
- Confined space training
- Water Hygiene and SHEA water training
- An understanding of all relevant statutory, regulatory and company policies and guidelines
- IT skills using Toughbook and SAP
- Ability to work to tight timescales and prioritise work efficiently
- Flexibility to support the business needs
- You must possess a high degree of manual dexterity demonstrated through the use of hand tools.
- You will be required to work outdoors in all weathers and be required to walk and stand on uneven ground.
- You must also be able to work within a confined space, without restriction.
What’s in it for you?
- 21 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
About The Company
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water and gas sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.