About the role:
As an Inventory Operative, you will provide day to day stock management for the Distribution Hub with the flexibility to be able to attend all Distributions Hubs when needed with a focus on both Kentish Town and our Dartford site. You will be using SAP Workforce Management and RFID to the receipt, store and issue equipment.
You will be responsible for managing the daily receipts from our Vendor and Distribution Centres, actioning returns against work orders whilst updating stock records accordingly and maintaining good housekeeping throughout the site and stores at all times.
Acting as the first point of contact on all TW issues, following up on out of hours activities immediately and reacting to out of hours SLA agreements where appropriate whilst utilising out of hours cabin, ensure that all stock is accounted for correct and identify any errors or concerns to line manager.Key Accountabilities:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Conduct Issues of stock against work orders following all processes
- Undertake programmed stocktaking as required
- Adhere to H&S policies and regulation all times
- Use SAP WM and RFID hardware to facilitate stock accounting
- Always follow due process relevant to SAP WM and TW policies
- React to call outs when required to do so through the call out roster
- Utilise MHE where required and ensure training and license is valid.
- Always manage media consumables and replenish material and stock labels
- To provide assistance with material labelling and system labelling where required
- Provide additional resilience to call out rota for 4 sites where necessary
- Provide the first point of contact with IA through Gangs and Supervisors on all TW issues
What’s in it for you:
- Ability to drive (Must hold a Full UK driving Licence)
- MHE FLT operator
- Product knowledge and ability to follow due process
- Self-sufficient with the ability to hit the ground running with strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to drive through new processes and embed these into the function
- Familiar with MS office package (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 24 days holiday per year increasing to 28 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer to leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.