M Group Services Plant and Fleet Solutions is currently looking to recruit an Internal Hire Desk Supervisor based in Stevenage.
As an Internal Hire Desk Supervisor, you will be an integral part of our Plant and Fleet Solutions Division, who support our front line operations by providing compliant, innovative and fit for purpose plant, vehicles, accommodation and equipment.
The role is for an experienced and flexible individual, who will assume day to day responsibilities of the Internal Hire Desk in Stevenage.
As the Internal Hire Desk Supervisor your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for the efficient day to day coordination of the Operational Hire Team and supervising to ensure all operational targets are met
- Mentor, develop and support team to achieve individual and business objectives
- Develop working relationships with all customers, including Contract Managers, Plant Coordinators and approved requestors
- Resolve any operational issues between site/contracts and the desk
- Processing of all hire and off hire requirements through the plant order mailbox
- Oversee aspects of plant hire management and general administration
- Utilise internal plant and equipment from all locations before placing with the External Hire Team
- Continuously review the levels of external hire and establish opportunities for the supply of internal equipment
- Ensure all invoices are accurate and sent within the relevant time frame
- Ensure asset audits are carried out and that Insphire Yard Report reflects an accurate status at all times
- Compile and submit Asset Disposal Applications in conjunction with CSC and continuously review age profile and stock levels, ensuring the disposal Invoices are generated
- Support the Area Plant Manager in monthly depot and driver Health & Safety audits
- Assist the Area Plant Manager in recruitment and HR administration
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Relevant experience in a similar role within the plant hire industry is essential
- Experience/knowledge of FORS
- Good understanding of Driver Hours and Tachograph legislation
- Good people leadership and development skills
- Highly motivated and willing to go the extra mile
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven IT Skills with experience of Microsoft Office and Hire Management Software
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days' annual leave plus 8 days' bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
About The Company
M Group Services Plant & Fleet Solutions are responsible for the supply and management of specialist equipment and vehicles across the whole of M Group Services, supplying the Utilities, Transport, Data and Telecom sectors.
It is our job to ensure all group businesses have the safe, compliant and fit for purpose tools needed to deliver successful results for their clients and the clients’ customers, keeping sites safe, roads in good condition and transport links active.
M Group Services Plant & Fleet Solutions values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.