About the role:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Understand, manage and update core business assumptions and drivers (e.g. assumptions on growth, energy, FTE, chemicals, inflation)
- Support business plan modelling, with a focus on core assumptions and the consolidation, objective analysis, challenge and balancing of the overall business plan across areas
- Support a rigorous and efficient consolidated business planning process working closely with the business functions and finance to translate strategy into objectives and business plans
- Stay closely engaged with the business and understand emerging risks and performance against plan
- Have an understanding of the regulatory planning process and concepts
- Conduct analysis of initiatives/investment and ensure each project/initiative has a strong business case and is aligned with strategic objectives
- Facilitate prioritisation of initiatives
- Complete special projects on an ad-hoc basis.
- Support delivery of a fully integrated and optimised corporate business plan – Spend, KPIs/outcomes and risks on an annual basis. Facilitate integration of business unit plans, and enterprise-wide prioritisation of investment
- Conduct analysis and bring insights to inform executives and enable trade offs
- Support the development and management of IBP processes, templates, guidelines, and handshakes with key business interfaces
- Drive a ‘business-case’ across the organisation. Perform critical review of business cases as part of cross-functional prioritisation
- Document critical planning assumptions and ensure they are used consistently across the organisation
- Systemise and simplify the planning process and manage inputs and outputs into Anaplan efficiently
- Build high quality collateral to present annual business plans to senior executives and Board
- Build good working relationships within the business (e.g. finance, delivery office, regulation, asset management)
- Contribute to building a high performing Integrated Business Planning team
What’s in it for you:
- Very good level of financial acumen and analytical ability. Familiarity with TW financial structures, processes and terminology is very desirable
- Good understanding of the water industry regulatory framework (e.g. Price Reviews)
- Excellent project management and presentation skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a demonstrated ability to effectively influence all levels of the organization
- Experience of working in regulated / utility / manufacturing environment desirable
- Microsoft Office software proficiency (particularly EXCEL and PowerPoint), exposure to Planning software (Anaplan) beneficial
- Able to work well in a team environment and build great stakeholder relationships cross-functionally
- Needs to be organised and able to multitask to meet various priorities
- Frequently must work independently and demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our refer-a-friend bonus, where you can receive up to £1,000 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering all of our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.