Information & Education Manager
- Job Reference: 00007032-1
- Date Posted: 29 December 2020
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: Ipswich, Suffolk
- Salary: On Application
- Job Type: Permanent
Information & Education Manager
We are FCC Environment, one of the nation’s leading waste and resource management companies. Committed to sustainability, we strive to minimise the amount of waste that ends up in landfill by transforming it into valuable resources wherever possible.
We own and operate more than 200 recycling, treatment and disposal facilities and employ nearly 2,400 people across the UK.
We’re currently looking for an Information & Education Manager to join our team in Ipswich on a full-time basis.
- Competitive salary
- Up to 25 days’ holiday per annum
- The option to purchase up to five days of additional leave
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme and life insurance
- Flexible benefits including high street savings, cycle to work scheme and Gymflex membership
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme and the Best Doctors Service
- Peer to peer recognition scheme
- Training and development opportunities
This is the ideal role for a communications professional with a strong passion for the waste management industry to advance their career and make a real difference to engagement with recycling and reuse in Suffolk.
As the providers of recycling solutions in Suffolk, we take our responsibility to the community we serve and the environment seriously. Your role will be to highlight recycling and reuse schemes across Suffolk, reaching more people and educating them about the options available and how we all can help protect the environment through recycling and reuse.
You’ll be making a real difference to the amount of waste coming out of Suffolk whilst personally benefiting from career growth and professional development.
As the Information & Education Manager, you will be tasked with communicating the benefits of recycling, reuse and waste minimisation to the residents of Suffolk and users of recycling centres.
Working closely with Suffolk County Council, you will create and implement a range of communications campaigns to promote recycling, reuse and minimise waste as well as providing reporting, data and management information to support the delivery of our Suffolk recycling centre contract.
Your role will also involve:
- Taking responsibility for internal and external communications on waste and recycling activities and initiatives with members of the public and site users
- Developing and delivering targeted communications and promotions for recycling centres
- Producing materials such as signage, leaflets, press releases, adverts, posters and website copy
- Supporting and promoting the waste hierarchy and the 'whole waste story' in Suffolk
- Briefing staff on campaigns and initiatives to ensure consistent messages to the public
- Managing the customer feedback system
- Co-ordinating with charitable partners to promote reuse activities
- Collating data for, and the creation of, the monthly dashboard report on KPIs, both for FCC and our clients
To be considered as the Information & Education Manager, you will need:
- Experience of working in a communications role, preferably delivering environmental/waste messages
- Previous administrative experience
- Knowledge and an understanding of waste management services including legislation and the current agenda for cost reduction
- To be IT and MS Office suite competent
- The ability to share knowledge and present new information to a variety of different audiences including colleagues, schools, businesses, community groups, councillors, managers and the press
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to convey varied and/or complex messages to a range of audiences including the general public, staff and other stakeholders
- The ability to manage projects and draw in expertise from other areas of the team/organisation
Experience in desktop publishing software would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Marketing Manager, Communications Manager, Campaign Manager, Marcoms Manager, Marketing Communications Manager, or Marketing Campaign Manager.
Webrecruit and FCC Environment are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as the Information & Education Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.