Industrial Clusters Lead
Salary: Personal Contract (dependent on experience)
As a world leading energy company, SGN are currently paving the way in cutting edge research and development towards a net zero energy system.
This opportunity is in our Energy futures team, pushing the frontiers of energy decarbonisation.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our expanding Energy Futures team as an Industrial Clusters Lead, reporting directly to the Director of Energy Futures.
Building on the fantastic research and development work to date, this role will focus on the delivery of SGN’s programme for regional industrial clusters, executing the decarbonisation strategy across regions. The job holder will lead engagement with and negotiate partnerships across the full supply chain, from hydrogen and green gas producers, distribution and most importantly customers. The appointee will liaise with both Scottish and UK governments to ensure alignment with their respective decarbonisation policies, prepare for and manage Ofgem regulatory rollout mechanisms for Heat Policy Reopener and Net Zero reopener, culminating in the deep decarbonisation of the gas network through delivery of new infrastructure and conversion to hydrogen and green gas as part of the green recovery.
The job holder will manage a portfolio of cluster projects in conjunction with other external partnerships, initially in Aberdeen, Scotland, and Southampton to develop and ultimately execute the decarbonisation opportunity identified within the SGN business plan.
Key responsibilities include;
- ×Building on existing partnerships and developing new ones toward significant rollout of hydrogen and green gas solutions for industrial clusters to maximise >£250m opportunity identified in SGN’s business plan
- ×Managing portfolio of industrial clusters projects from conception to completion
- ×Leading, with support of the Energy Futures Director, commercial contract and partnership negotiations to maximise value to the customer and the shareholders
- ×Managing contractors and developing direct reports
- ×Preparing for regulatory rollout mechanisms for Heat Policy Reopener, net Zero reopener. Budget management as agreed with the Director of Energy Futures
- ×Preparing high quality monthly and ad-hoc reports
- ×Leading funding submissions for industrial cluster projects
Fostering a diverse and inclusive culture is something we pride ourselves on. You will be empowered to be yourself and work with people from different backgrounds and points of view to achieve career success.
As well as plenty of learning and development opportunities, we also offer a competitive salary with company benefits including retail & leisure discounts, HolidayPlus & Cycle2work schemes, gym & mobile discounts, a pension scheme, and more.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
This role would suit someone who is passionate about the future of energy, with a knowledge and understanding of the gas network/energy industry, as well as expert business development, commercial, technical, and engineering knowledge.
We’re also looking for;
- ×Advanced project and programme management techniques
- ×Excellent communicator at all levels
- ×Excellent report writing skills
- ×Experience and understanding of regulatory and commercial investment frameworks
- ×Business development skills
- ×People management skills
- ×Degree in a relevant discipline
- ×Contract management and negotiation skills, with the ability to write up contracts to a high level
Not a perfect skills match? Tell us what you’re interested in – you might have a skill we didn’t realise we needed!
WHO WE ARE
At SGN, we strive to sustain our world through managing the network that distributes natural and green gas across the south of England and Scotland. We have an important responsibility to keep the gas flowing to 5.9 million homes and businesses. Your work directly impacts SGNs commitments to keeping our customers’ homes and businesses safe.
We’re on a journey to transform the future of energy. Our customers are our focus and supporting them on the decarbonisation journey will be key to meeting net zero. Keeping our customers safe and warm is what we live and breathe, yet we want to make the world a better place by leading the energy revolution.
We’re quick to deliver and we may not always wait until the job advert expires before reviewing applications. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible so we can continue the conversation…