Hynet Programme Manager
Location – Flexible (with frequent travel to the North West and Cadent locations)
Contract Type - Permanent
Competitive salary, plus a generous pension scheme, a healthy bonus and a range of company benefits
At Cadent we’re excited to be part of the future of UK energy! We’ve got a clear roadmap that will both drive our performance to the forefront of our industry and support the UK government in achieving their net zero target by 2050.
We’re making a difference through innovation and new ways of working. Together we’re shaping/creating a cleaner, greener future for our 11 million customers who we put at the heart of everything we do.
Our Capital Delivery team manage the development and construction of our Hynet Project which will be Cadent’s first ever Hydrogen Pipeline, contributing to the reduction in carbon emissions in the UK. The pipeline will be large diameter and roughly 80kms in length, in the North West of England. This project showcases a key element of the future of low carbon energy.
The Hynet Programme Manager will form a key part of the Hynet project leadership team, and will lead on all programme management aspects, driving best practice within the project and managing project performance to ensure optimum, safe and timely delivery. The Programme Manager will be responsible for the overall project schedule, ensure clear governance is embedded to drive and monitor project progress, and develop the methodology for managing complex projects.
As an experienced Programme Manager on complex projects, you will engage with internal and external stakeholders throughout the project, to ensure key relationships are developed through a professional and integrated approach to solution making.
What we ask of you
- Lead the Programme Management team for the HyNet Project, including the management of external suppliers as required
- Be responsible for providing leadership to the HyNet project on project management methodologies, providing assurance of activity
- Develop the project direction, strategy and plan to deliver
- Own the project ‘Lessons Learnt’ process and ensure that identified learning points are embedded in future project delivery
- Plan, resource, monitor and establish governance for the Hynet project, to ensure Hynet delivers the value identified within the required timeframe
- Work with the HyNet Project Leadership Team to identify and agree the project schedule – working with a planning horizon of up to 3 years
- Provide risk management advice, monitor project risks and put in place appropriate mitigations
- Be responsible for developing and delivering key projects and programmes of activity
- Undertake project planning activities; understand project timelines, project progress and resource capability
- Develop and track the financial business case for the project
- Design and implement project initiatives with key stakeholders
- Arrange and prepare materials for governance meetings
- Prepare and communicate project progress to stakeholders
- Produce stakeholder progress reports and present as necessary at governance meetings
- Track and report on benefits delivery for projects
- Implement Earned Value Management processes to track and monitor performance
- Implement Project Control processes including Change Control
- Design and implement Governance requirements to meet the needs of project stakeholders
- Develop PMO processes and tools to aid project management and project delivery
- Develop scope management tools and processes
- Implement a clear Information management and document control process
- Support procurement activities
What You’ll Bring
- Degree standard or equivalent experience
- Relevant professional qualification or equivalent experience
- Full UK driving licence
- APM PMQ / Member of APM (Desirable)
- Strategic Thinking - identify opportunities, sequentially prioritise them and deliver results through your team
- Experience of being a supportive leader, providing a clear vision to the team
- Encourage change and influence business strategy
- Be motivational and inspirational
- Be a team leader and develop talent for succession
- Previous experience of project and programme management
- An understanding of the business as a value chain and actively add value
- Strong and effective influencing skills
- Help promote a positive company reputation
What’s In It For You
- 25 days holiday, plus statutory days and option to buy more
- Competitive salary
- Pension Scheme – double match up to 12%
- Opportunity to earn bonus
- Flex Benefits including; cycle to work scheme, salary sacrifice car scheme, insurances and healthcare packages
- My Offers membership card – offering discounts and savings from hundreds of retailers
- Support with financial wellbeing
- Access to our Occupational Health Services
Be who you want to be
Cadent embraces Diversity and Inclusion. We celebrate what makes us different, as well as what we have in common. This enables us to work better as one team shaping a dynamic, innovative and inclusive culture. Our employee communities support us in keeping our employees engaged and motivated and through our partnerships and covenants we ensure our workforce reflects our communities in all their diversity.
Cadent is a Disability Confident employer so if you require any reasonable adjustments as part of our recruitment process, please get in touch and let us know. We’re also happy to discuss flexible working options should the role accommodate it.