HWRC Team Leader
- Job Reference: 00021331-1
- Date Posted: 9 May 2022
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: Witney, Oxfordshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
Main purpose and scope of job
The HWRC Team Leader is responsible in assisting the site management team with; the health and safety of all staff, contractors to site and visitors to site, the minimisation of impact to the environment whilst operating the site, delivering customer expectations in terms of service and product quality, and operating the site in an efficient and effective manner.
Duties and key responsibilities - Operational
The role of Team Leader is to assist the Site Operations Supervisor to oversee the safe and efficient day to day operation of the HWRC.
• Ensure SHEQ standards are maintained and the site operates in line with its License and Permit.
• Ensure high standards are set and maintained with regards to throughput and quality of service given to the public and contract requirements.
• Assist the Recycling Supervisor by ensuring the team productivity is maximized and the staff are organized in line with daily requirements.
• Assist the site management team in ensuring that the HWRC is staffed in line with seasonal requirements and in line with the minimal contract numbers.
• Maximize the HWRC site performance so that it can achieve and improve recycling performance in relation to its targets.
• Manage day to day staff activities (act as point of contact) with the support of site supervisor.
• Highlight any staffing issues or health and safety concerns, providing potential solutions where needed.
• Adhere to company health and safety procedures and all statutory requirements and ensure that the team is adhering to the same.
• Maintaining housekeeping within the site and welfare facility ensuring that all team members contribute to this
• Ensuring the correct materials are exported from site in line with company policy and through approved off takers.
• In the absence of the Recycling Supervisor you will be asked to step up and act as the day to day point of contact for the HWRC.
• Any other duties deemed necessary to meet the needs of the business.
1. Experience in overseeing a team and it is desirable that this has been in a waste environment.
2. Proven ability as an effective man manager – motivating and controlling.
3. Reputation for consistent delivery within a demanding working environment.
4. Relevant and current waste/resource/materials experience.
5. The ability to operate mobile plant would be advantageous.
Satisfactory completion of the relevant Competency Management System modules.
Completion of all other training as defined within the Training Matrix.
Personal attributes and other requirements
1. Decisive and comfortable with responsibility.
2. Adept at leading a team, with drive and enthusiasm.
3. Able to embrace change, committed to finding better ways to do things.
4. Proven oral and written communication skills.
Any other reasonable request.