- Job Reference: 00014739-1
- Date Posted: 14 January 2022
- Employer: FCC Environment
- Location: Witney, Oxfordshire
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality
- Job Type: Permanent
Main purpose and scope of job
To assist members of public with the disposal of waste at the Household Waste Recycling Centre at Dix Pit.
Duties and key responsibilities - Operational
• Recognises the importance and value of working as part of a team
• Assisting members of public with the disposal of their waste within the HWRC and presenting a positive image and giving a friendly welcome to all users
• Adhere to the council requirements for van users and other rules including logging of registration numbers
• Sorting and moving waste streams deposited by members of the public into the appropriate location and waste stream e.g. paints
• Moving large electrical items into the appropriate storage area
• Escorting members of the public to the asbestos containers
• Demonstrates the ability to listen to others while contributing their own ideas
• Promotes the Group’s values and corporate objectives to colleagues
• Demonstrates a commitment to, and promotes, equality and diversity ensuring the Group is an inclusive environment in which individuals are respected and unacceptable behaviours challenged
• Manages self and others in accordance with Group policies and procedures and contributes to policy development as appropriate
• Maintains an open, approachable manner, and treats others fairly and respectfully. Preserves others’ self-confidence and dignity, and shows regard for their opinions.
• Ensuring mobile plant is kept is a clean condition by washing down regularly.
• Undertaking light maintenance of machines including greasing as per machine specifications and clearing debris on a regular basis and in accordance with company safe working practice.
• Ensuring good housekeeping within the work area throughout the day and at the end of the day.
• Enforcing traffic management
• Ensuring health and safety aspects are being adhered to and recording any near misses which arise.
• Ensure all waste is securely stored
• Ensure all lights & equipment are switched off
• Ensure all external doors and windows are closed and locked
• Ensure that the building intruder alarm is set
• Ensure that gate and walkway gate is locked upon leaving premises.
Any other duties deemed necessary to meet the needs of the business.
• No experience required, however, working within the waste industry or similar would be beneficial.
• Completion of all training as defined within the Training Matrix.
Personal attributes and other requirements
• Keen to work as part of a team
• Health and safety minded
• Willing to learn to operate site mobile plant
• Good customer service skills
• Polite and helpful
Any other reasonable request.