Job Title: HV Operations Specialist
Location: Lowestoft Salary: £47, 286 - £59,108 + Up to 10% Bonus + Single Health Cover
Closing Date: 07/03/2024
Help us create a better future, quicker Scottish Power Renewables is at the forefront of the development of the renewables industry through pioneering ideas, forward thinking and outstanding innovation. Our ambitious plans include offshore windfarms in East Anglia with our team leading the Group's international offshore development. With over 40 operational windfarms we manage all of our sites through our world leading Control Centre at Whitelee Windfarm, near Glasgow.
What you'll be doing
- Lead and implement the SPR safety culture and values maximising offshore H&S performance through strict adherence to and application of SPR HVSRs.
- Gain Senior Authorized Person and Control Person authorisation up to 400KV under the SPR ESRs
- Ensure optimum availability of the site through effective outage planning and management which minimises the duration of any outages.
- Manage the authorisation process of competent persons under the SR ESRs
- Perform the role of SAP at voltages between 66kV and 400 kV
- Ensure that local management instructions, relevant codes of practice and the HVSRs are implemented
- Prepare switching schedules for maintenance tasks, installation work, fault location and repair where required
- Keep records on daily activities and performance of subcontractors
- Organise and execute HV switching, isolation, earthing, identification of the point of work and issue of safety documentation duties on HV networks up to 400kV.
- Perform site risk assessments
- Review third party contractor risk assessments and method statements to ensure these are comprehensive and fulfil necessary requirements
- Supervise and monitor the performance of equipment OEM's and other contractors for electrical maintenance equipment
- Prepare periodic maintenance reports of serviced assets to highlight performance trends to identify issues and make recommendations on corrective actions
- Support the Deputy Site Manager in the management of electrical equipment service and maintenance contractors.
What you'll bring
- Senior Authorised Person (SAP) under safety rules of a DNO/NGET/Power Generating company
- Experienced in HV Electrical Maintenance in the Offshore Wind industry or an industry with similar operational and safety challenges
- Experienced SAP / AP 66kV +
- Practical experience of the asset management of industrial HV and LV systems, including resource planning and maintenance project delivery
- Working knowledge of SCADA systems
- Willingness to work at heights and offshore, good level of physical fitness
- Willing to travel within the UK and Europe on occasion necessitating overnight stays
- Able to transit offshore via marine transfer without suffering from sea/travel sickness
- Flexible approach to working hours in order to ensure the delivery of planned and unplanned activities
- Able to attend site out with normal working hours to respond to emergency situations.
What's in it for you
As well as a competitive salary which is reviewed annually, you can also enjoy a number of other benefits. With our pension scheme, we'll double match your contribution up to a company contribution of 10%. At ScottishPower, we believe it's the little things we do in life that make a big difference. From helping you look after your family's wellbeing, save for your future and take personal steps for climate action - our benefits are designed to help you do just that - so that you have everything you need to take care of your world - today and tomorrow. That's why our benefits include:
- 36 days annual leave
- Holiday purchase - perfect your work/life balance with extra annual leave
- Share Incentive Plan and Sharesave Scheme
- Payroll giving and charity matched funding
- Technology Vouchers - save more and spread the cost of your technology purposes
- Count us in - pledge to reduce carbon emissions and help fight climate change
- Electric Vehicle Schemes - to help you transition to green/clean driving
- Cycle to Work scheme and public transport season ticket loans
- Options to purchase dental insurance, private medical insurance, health cash plan and annual health assessments
- Life Assurance (4x salary)
- Access to nudge' financial wellbeing support
- Plus shopping, leisure, restaurant and gym discounts, and unique employee deals on travel insurance and more
ScottishPower is part of the Iberdrola Group, one of the world's largest integrated utility companies and a world leader in wind energy. With a commitment to generate all of our energy from renewable resources and a drive to create the energy infrastructure of the future, we're at the forefront of the journey to Net Zero and investing over £6m every working day to make this happen. With diverse opportunities across our businesses and a commitment to invest in our own internal talent, ScottishPower can offer people real career opportunities that meet personal and professional goals, in a global organisation. Inclusion, diversity, and a social purpose are at the heart of everything we do. Together with our values, they bring us together into a stronger, more sustainable business with direct links to the communities we serve. It takes all kinds of people to build a large-scale business like ours, so whatever your background, you'll fit right in.
ScottishPower is committed to providing reasonable support or adjustments in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country. If/when required, the Company will support the employee with the necessary Immigration requirements